Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Nice fall colors... but more importantly nice fish!

Default Nice fall colors... but more importantly nice fish!

Went up for the final 395 trip of the year and the bigger fish were starting to show. Luckily, I managed to land 2 of them , got a 4lb 12oz out of pvr on a plastic worm and a 3lb 1oz out of the upper twins mammoth on a mini jig. At pvr, I had a 6lb+ hit my ds pw and follow it to shore, but no dice . I saw several nice sized fish on this trip. A 2lbr out the owens fought just as hard if not harder than the two bigger ones, taking me on several runs... those river fish are tough! Fished from float tube and shore at mammoth lakes, pvr, owens, virginia lakes, and bishop. Basically, just stuck with the plastics at all locations, bites were wide open once you located them, but a lot of short biters. There was a decent amount of trash at pvr, which kind of sucked...I took a pic of a fish with shells all around it. Overall, a great trip...no monster fish or big browns, but a lot of fish and couple of nice ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	412.JPG 
Views:	597 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	42875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	42876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shell.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	42877  

Quote Originally Posted by DC5fishR View Post
    Went up for the final 395 trip of the year and the bigger fish were starting to show. Luckily, I managed to land 2 of them , got a 4lb 12oz out of pvr on a plastic worm and a 3lb 1oz out of the upper twins mammoth on a mini jig. At pvr, I had a 6lb+ hit my ds pw and follow it to shore, but no dice . I saw several nice sized fish on this trip. A 2lbr out the owens fought just as hard if not harder than the two bigger ones, taking me on several runs... those river fish are tough! Fished from float tube and shore at mammoth lakes, pvr, owens, virginia lakes, and bishop. Basically, just stuck with the plastics at all locations, bites were wide open once you located them, but a lot of short biters. There was a decent amount of trash at pvr, which kind of sucked...I took a pic of a fish with shells all around it. Overall, a great trip...no monster fish or big browns, but a lot of fish and couple of nice ones.
    Anywhere they congregate and can park nearby...they leave the trash for the maid to pick up. A lot of the trash you pictured is generated by locals who come up to jump ducks or shoot skeet. One area near the Owens is wall to wall with shotgun cartridges.

Nice looking fish. Itching to get up there for myself!! Tight Lines and Full Tails

Quote Originally Posted by FSHNLIC View Post
    Nice looking fish. Itching to get up there for myself!! Tight Lines and Full Tails
    Thanks, the 3lbr was chrome like, the upper color was like greenish gold. They all look different up there.

nice fish! i love pvr.. one of my favorite places to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdenst View Post
    nice fish! i love pvr.. one of my favorite places to fish.
    Thanks, yeah pvr is great, especially when it's not too hot.