Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby scorpions and other arachnids for sale!

Sooo....these things house trained?

Last I need is a aphonopelma eutylenum crapping all over the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Sooo....these things house trained?

Last I need is a aphonopelma eutylenum crapping all over the kitchen.
    They're actually very clean. Before feeding on their prey, they spin a sheet of webbing, and wrap their food up so it doesnt spill all over the place. When they defecate, it's an expulsion of liquid, basically just excess uric acid, like bird poop. They take weeks to digest a meal fully.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    They're actually very clean. Before feeding on their prey, they spin a sheet of webbing, and wrap their food up so it doesnt spill all over the place. When they defecate, it's an expulsion of liquid, basically just excess uric acid, like bird poop. They take weeks to digest a meal fully.
    Will they get along with my fish?

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    You're welcome. :)

BTW, if any of you guys in orange county that live around open scrubland see the spider pictured below, please PM me, I'm searching for this species, looks like a Hogna species, but is actually Schizocosa maxima, a giant wolf spider. If you're scared of them, and dont want to catch them for me, I am more than willing to catch 'em for ya. Just PM me!

I am attempting to collect data on them to better understand this species, as well as breed them into the hobby. and there is no useful literature you can find by google searching. They get huge.., 3-4" legspan.

I will have different arachnids for sale soon.
    Hey smokehound,
    I live off of pch and warner directly in back of the bolsa chica wetlands. I usually run these wetlands 3-4 times a week and have been amazed to see/observe what I think is the type of spider you are looking for (Schizocosa maxima). The first time I ran into one of these was completley by mistake, while tying the laces to one of my shoes. I'm definitely familiar with the common wolf spider and was amazed to see just how huge this creautre was. I didn't attempt to catch it and as I came closer it seemed to notice me but wasn't bothered by my interest. I'm sure you can head out there and find one of them, if I happen to encounter this spider again I will take a picture and pm you.
    happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro591 View Post
    Hey smokehound,
    I live off of pch and warner directly in back of the bolsa chica wetlands. I usually run these wetlands 3-4 times a week and have been amazed to see/observe what I think is the type of spider you are looking for (Schizocosa maxima). The first time I ran into one of these was completley by mistake, while tying the laces to one of my shoes. I'm definitely familiar with the common wolf spider and was amazed to see just how huge this creautre was. I didn't attempt to catch it and as I came closer it seemed to notice me but wasn't bothered by my interest. I'm sure you can head out there and find one of them, if I happen to encounter this spider again I will take a picture and pm you.
    happy hunting!
    Thank you for the information. can you tell me the general portion of the trail you saw it on?

scorplings are going fast.. i'm down to 12- get them while you can! I'm lowering the price to $8.00.

all other species listed previously are available, still, except for the spitting spider, which has been sold.

BUMP!

Agelenopsis aperta after laying eggs.. They should be hatching any time now, 2nd instar Spiderlings are $3.00 each, minimum of two per order. Buy five or more, and the price is reduced to $1.50 per spiderling.
    Last edited by smokehound; 10-14-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Any Brazilian wandering spiders for sale (banana spider)?

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Any Brazilian wandering spiders for sale (banana spider)?
    Unfortunately, I don't. I may get my hands on a female and male in the future. I generally don't keep highly venomous species, the only medically significant species I have are Brown and Black widows. Speaking of which...

Widow spiders are available. WARNING, ALL MEMBERS OF THE GENUS LATRODECTUS ARE MEDICALLY SIGNIFICANT, CAUSING PAINFUL ENVENOMATIONS. THE VENOM, WHILE NOT FATAL, STILL CAUSES INTENSE PAIN DUE TO SYSTEMIC EFFECTS CAUSING PAINFUL MUSCLE CRAMPING, AND FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS. TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT, AND CAUTION. MINORS MAY NOT PURCHASE THESE, NO EXCEPTIONS!

Latrodectus hesperus (Western black widow)

Now becoming rare in urban regions, being extirpated by the introduced Brown Widow.

Mature females: $10.00 each, (limited supply- two specimens available, both mature females.)

Latrodectus geometricus (Brown Widow)

Mature females: $4.00 each Purchase more than 4 brown widows, and the price is reduced to $2.00 ea.

NEW Jerusalem crickets now available! $7.00 each (juv/adults)

Giant subterranean omnivorous predators, these are the so-called "Potatobugs" that freak gardeners out. Caution, these insects are confrontational, and capable of delivering a painful bite!
    Feed them live mealworms, and carrots. They will eat almost anything, but love live prey the most. Keep them in a container filled with lightly damp coco fiber, tamped down firmly.

NEW Desert stink beetles! (Eleodes acuticaudus, unsexed adults) 1"+ $7.00 each

Large shiny black beetles that exude a noxious smelling chemical in defense. They live extremely long lives, up to 30 years. They will eat anything given to them, especially meat and fresh tender greens.

Schizocosa mccooki $6.00 ea

Mature female:

Mature Male:

Extremely fast wolf spiders, medium-sized. 2-1/2" legspan, 20-23mm bodylength. Requires substrate.

All female tarantulas are sold out.. 2" males are still available. they are not mature yet- they will be released into their native habitat upon maturity if not sold.

17 anuroctonus scorplings left.. $8.00 each. Order five or more for a 50% discount.

Refer to the first page for other available species!

TERMS OF SALE: 24 hour live-guarantee- Barring accidental injury, mishandling, or ingestion of toxic insects, I will replace your arachnid/insect if it dies within 24 hours of purchase. Must bring original specimen directly to me for a replacement. Failure to present the original specimen will void the guarantee. I cannot ship arachnids at this time, you will have to pick them up, OR if you're in orange county, I can deliver them directly to you. I cannot be held responsible for bites caused by the arachnids/insects you purchase, by purchasing these animals, you acknowledge I'm not to be held responsible for any damages caused by envenomation and/or mechanical injury.

Email me @ smokehound42086@gmail.com
    Last edited by smokehound; 10-14-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: updated list..

I've noticed that over the past 4-5 years Brown Widows have definitely begun displacing the Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    I've noticed that over the past 4-5 years Brown Widows have definitely begun displacing the Black Widow.
    Makes me wonder whether the Brown Recluse will ever establish a population in California.

-b

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast