Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby scorpions and other arachnids for sale!

Default Baby scorpions and other arachnids for sale!

As seen in general discussion, my Female Anuroctonus gave birth. I have way too many of the babies, so I must sell them.

Mature female- $19.00

5th instar female- $14.00

2nd instar babies- $8.00 --Purchase 5 or more for a %50 price reduction.

Easy to care for, all scorpions come with their own enclosure, complete with substrate mix I've made myself for superior burrow stability:

Give them access to water at all times, a large bottle cap is sufficient for adults, for babies, use small water bottle caps, pressed into substrate, so the rim is level with the substrate, and place several large pebbles inside it, so the babies dont get trapped, and drown. The babies will accept pinhead crickets.

A mix of sand and clay is fine for substrate. Do not attempt to house them together, they will kill each other.

Aphonopelma eutylenum "Blonde" morph

2" Body length unsexed: SOLD OUT
    2" Female: SOLD OUT
    2" Male: $25.00[/b]
    1" unsexed juveniles: SOLD OUT

These tarantulas get bigger than the standard eutylenum. They love Blaptica dubia roaches, which are available at many pet and reptile stores.

Keep them on the dry side, with a water dish kept full at all times, and at least 4" of substrate to burrow into. Fairly active tarantulas, provide them with a hiding place.

California Trap-door spider

Mature females: $30.00 Keep in a tall open container. Coco fiber is fine, for substrate. Likes discoid roaches. Do not handle, they are very defensive, and when they bite, they dont let go. If a bite occurs, use a small paintbrush to gently pry the fangs out. When they are hungry, they'll prop their door open a little. Dont mess with their doors, or try to "beautify" them, this will cause them to build another door underneath.

Phidippus Audax "Bold Jumper"

Captive-bred Sub-adults unsexed: $6.00

Powerful killing machines, will tackle prey much larger than themselves. These don't need substrate, and they can get quite large, up to a 23mm body length. Their hunting strategy is much like a puma's; they stalk and creep low, then jump and deliver a killing bite to the back of the neck. For water, spray the side of the container once a day. Feed one large cricket or roach once a week. Overfeeding shortens their lifespan. lifespan: 2 years, 3 years-rarely. Beautiful metallic green/blue jaws, with strong contrasting colors. Intelligent. They display extreme curiosity towards new objects placed in their enclosure.

They appreciate a hiding spot, like a rolled-up dried rose leaf. Some are friendly, and like being held, others are skittish. They do not bite. Comes with enclosure.

One of my old males pictured below.. he was finger-trained. (you read that right.)

I cannot ship them, or travel outside of orange county. If you're in Orange county, I can deliver them to you personally. Email me if interested: smokehound42086@gmail.com
    Last edited by smokehound; 10-14-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Very cool,and kinda different,regardless awesome creatures,thanks for those great pictures and the informative stats on them.

Cya TUNAVIC

My son is into scorpions and will let him know. By the way those are some dang sharp pictures you took, just wondering what kind of camera you have if you don't mind.

Great pets and cool looking, no barking thats a +. Interesting post and great pictures. I lived in Ridgecrest CA for over 18 years and had lot of those type critter on my property. My wife had a fit the first year were there in October and the tarantulas were migrating and walking through our yard. My 3 year old sun thought those guys were neat, me too. The one on your finger is great looking. He is a good looking guy.

Awesome photos! Thanks for the info :) very interesting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    Awesome photos! Thanks for the info :) very interesting!!!
    You're welcome. :)

Quote Originally Posted by jig-guy
    Great pets and cool looking, no barking thats a +. Interesting post and great pictures. I lived in Ridgecrest CA for over 18 years and had lot of those type critter on my property. My wife had a fit the first year were there in October and the tarantulas were migrating and walking through our yard. My 3 year old sun thought those guys were neat, me too. The one on your finger is great looking. He is a good looking guy.
    Yeah, this time of year, the males are looking for females. All of them you find will likely be mature males. Once the males hit maturity, they die soon. Females, however live for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Old pudd fisher
    My son is into scorpions and will let him know. By the way those are some dang sharp pictures you took, just wondering what kind of camera you have if you don't mind.
    I use a samsung Admire phone for macro photography. Pretty powerful camera, lightyears ahead of my new camera, which sucks at taking macros.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC
    Very cool,and kinda different,regardless awesome creatures,thanks for those great pictures and the informative stats on them.

Cya TUNAVIC
    Thank you.

BTW, if any of you guys in orange county that live around open scrubland see the spider pictured below, please PM me, I'm searching for this species, looks like a Hogna species, but is actually Schizocosa maxima, a giant wolf spider. If you're scared of them, and dont want to catch them for me, I am more than willing to catch 'em for ya. Just PM me!

I am attempting to collect data on them to better understand this species, as well as breed them into the hobby. and there is no useful literature you can find by google searching. They get huge.., 3-4" legspan.

I will have different arachnids for sale soon.

I need to get you in touch with this physicians assistant that I know that collects spiders in Long Beach

Quote Originally Posted by casting call View Post
    I need to get you in touch with this physicians assistant that I know that collects spiders in Long Beach
    That would be cool, I'm sure that person would be interested, as well.

those are in my garden very cool indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Squid79 View Post
    those are in my garden very cool indeed
    They love rose bushes.

Spitting spiders! Sold out Inquire if interested in these, I can collect them for you.

Small, but amazing spiders that possess silk glands in their heads, trapping prey with projectile silk!
    Last edited by smokehound; 10-14-2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Blargh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast