Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide trip thurs the deadliest catch catchingsomefish

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    I think one of those guys turned out to be ok.

People just don't know how many babies
    striper have our how many Striper are in the lakes.

I am trying to figure out who's stepchild we have hear though.
    People who make the comments about keeping the small stripers at Castaic and Pyramid just don't know the numbers at those lakes.

The DVL guys are barking about the population going down due to overfishing. They claim the fish population isn't doing so well.

I listen, I take their word for it. Maybe it is being hurt by overfishing? I trust those guys.

I would just like to have those take our Castaic/Pyramid groups word about our population at these two lakes.

Not saying Stepchild is a DVL'er but the striperfest core KNOW WHATS UP!

and the Pyramid/Castaic striper clan all say one thing. KILL KILL KILL! Plenty of stripers.

There is a reason we go to San Antonio and Millerton. It ain't for the 1.5 lb schoolie that isn't in abundance.

I could see and respect the San Antonio c&r crowd, the Millerton and DVL also, would love to hear the Silverwood opinion on their population

The Delta guys preach C&R and have me convinced its a good thing. Those stripers return every year to the system to reproduce. Not locked like our stripers
    Last edited by cutbait; 10-08-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Vail Lake is a good case in point to prove the disaster that Mr. Stripy is to other species. Vail Lake has no Stripers, none and is one of if not the premier Bass lakes in the state. Stripers are the Apex Predator and if not controlled will decimate the native fish population, look what happed to the Silverwood Brown Trout by Mr. Stripy. Kill um all, blood on the decks, kill um all.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Vail Lake is a good case in point to prove the disaster that Mr. Stripy is to other species. Vail Lake has no Stripers, none and is one of if not the premier Bass lakes in the state. Stripers are the Apex Predator and if not controlled will decimate the native fish population, look what happed to the Silverwood Brown Trout by Mr. Stripy. Kill um all, blood on the decks, kill um all.
    I see your point but these are all reservoirs. The native species left or drowned.

cutbait,

I've heard that there's commercial fishing at DVL for a few years. That could be a factor.

Drowned damn I hadn't thought of that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Drowned damn I hadn't thought of that. lol
    You're funny!

I think you see my point that there aren't any native species in a reservoir. Only what gets in accidentally or is stocked. Every fish species in DVL was introduced. There's an outside chance that there were some fish in some small streams that were able to survive in some reservoirs but they aren't in their native environment any longer.

Ron yes I did get your point and it was an "ah duh" moment on me, however the Brown Trout in Silverwood were peacefully living in Cleghorn creek until the lake was formed and Mr. Stripy was introduced. None of the Brown Trout in California are natives they are only lowly immigrant's. lol

Brown Trout are native to Northern Europe.

I think that in California only rainbows including golden and the like and also including steelhead and things like Sierra perch are native.

We have brook trout from the Appalachian Mountains, southern strain largemouth from Florida, northern strain largemouth from "farther north", smallmouth, crappie, bluegill etc'. i believe they are all introduced.

Did you know that you have to have a fishing license in CA to catch reptiles. I think there is even a limit. For rattlesnakes though, you do not need a fishing license.

When was the last time you heard of a game warden ticketing someone for catching lizards in the back yard?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    I think one of those guys turned out to be ok.

People just don't know how many babies
    striper have our how many Striper are in the lakes.

I am trying to figure out who's stepchild we have hear though.
    the stepchild is someone that knows,if you want big fish head on up to san antonio lake...big striper action..been on t/o boat and its boring as hell tying up to a buoy and chunking cut sardines and hope the schoolies hit....YAWN!!!!...ive been on this board a long time...but some people dont like honesty,and they ban you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stepchild View Post
    the stepchild is someone that knows,if you want big fish head on up to san antonio lake...big striper action..been on t/o boat and its boring as hell tying up to a buoy and chunking cut sardines and hope the schoolies hit....YAWN!!!!...ive been on this board a long time...but some people dont like honesty,and they ban you for it.
    With all due respect your contradicting yourself.

You claim the schollies are boring, yet you criticize the take of them?

You do realize the cause and effect of killing all stripers?

Less stripers in the 1-3 lb range the better any fishery is. Hence the trophy lakes of San Antonio and Millerton.

Kill the Pyramid and Castaic stripers. (Legally of course)

Quote Originally Posted by stepchild View Post
    Bait n wait is boring, for people who can't do it well!

Don't worry! I haven't heard of anybody being banned for being honest about not liking to catch schoolies.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast