Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good The Bad and The Ugly and The Uglyer ! ! By Hardcore !

Can someone post the YouTube channel or direct link? Thanks.

Gents,

First off, Thank you for your kind words and support for the Warriors as well as for the other Captains as well as for me.

Let me tell you that these are serious accusations that I am personally going to be looking in to. These are not just random guys brought to the tournament. These are Marines, Sailors, and Soldiers that I have the utmost respect for. Not only that, some of these Warriors work directly for me! Some of them are MY Marines. MY Marines know I would give my life for them in a heart beat as I know they would for me which in my line of work, which some of you know what I do now, can happen any day of work.

There are some things I do want to clear up.

I gave a by name roster a week in advance that was to be given to all the Captains with specific instructions which covered contacting your warriors, gear that needed to be supplied by the Captains, and other logistics such as snacks and drinks. For example, on mine and Pats boat, we did a potluck for drinks and snacks. Pat and I both brought about 18 poles total and all the gear needed for the warriors. These were things that were to be relayed to the Captains which I heard some got the info and some didn't which I will look in to. I started to worry when warriors were contacting me days before the event cause they had not been contacted by their Captains. Believe me I knew because when you input over 40 phone numbers in your cell, that takes a few minutes. I sent mass text and made phone calls to ensure every warrior was taken care of and began getting confirmations from Captains that their teams were good to go. Their fishing permits were signed off so they did not have to buy a California license which Barry worked out. I also know there was free water at one of the booths.

Musthuntandfish, I understand your concerns but I can assure you EVERY Warrior still would have be taken care of. Failing to take care of these Warriors, that I personally signed up and organized their participation, was not an option to fail.

I'd also like to note that Vince Sanchez was very helpful in helping getting Captains as well as Warriors signed up. His help and volunteering was crucial to our success in getting these guys taken care of. Oh and by the way Vince brought all the doughnuts just like he did last year, I did not bring those.

I will also be looking in to the raffle as I asked my Marines if they saw or thought something was up and was informed of some things that again I will follow up on. My part of this was simple, put Warriors on boats to fish with guys who could help put them on fish. I do not condone cheating and will report any cheaters if I catch them. I do not condone abusing the Marines I bring nor will I tolerate it. Just so you know though, go ahead and try to abuse a Marine and you'll have bigger problems than being called names.

All in all if it comes down to it, I will walk away with my Marines and the Marines I bring. I just ask that as much accuracy is given as much as possible especially when I know for a fact I took care of certain things.

Corey, by no means am I attacking you. I have great respect for you along with others. I just want to make sure that things that I know for a fact are accurately portrayed. I cannot speak for everything, just what I know from my own personal knowledge and that is dealing with the Warriors. I think there may have been some misunderstandings and then there are some serious accusations that need to be addressed.

Respectfully,
    Ben
    Semper Fi
    Last edited by ben0606; 10-03-2013 at 09:53 PM.

On a positive note, let me share a story about Major Mike Christiansen who by the way, I bass fish tourneys with. The raffle started and I bought $200 worth of tickets. Well I had so many I couldn't organize them in time so I handed mike some to hold for me. Without knowing he tells me I won the first raffle prize and hands me my ticket. I go up and go figure it's the DVL annual pass! Awesome I'm thinking. Come to find out, I didn't win. Mike won and gave me his ticket playing it off like it was my own ticket. After calling him names and cussing at him, he still refused to take the pass from me. Talk about class act......that was just one of many unselfish acts involving the Warriors. He did throw a banana in my boat.............

Quote Originally Posted by ben0606 View Post
    Gents,

First off, Thank you for your kind words and support for the Warriors as well as for the other Captains as well as for me.

Let me tell you that these are serious accusations that I am personally going to be looking in to. These are not just random guys brought to the tournament. These are Marines, Sailors, and Soldiers that I have the utmost respect for. Not only that, some of these Warriors work directly for me! Some of them are MY Marines. MY Marines know I would give my life for them in a heart beat as I know they would for me which in my line of work, which some of you know what I do now, can happen any day of work.

There are some things I do want to clear up.

I gave a by name roster a week in advance that was to be given to all the Captains with specific instructions which covered contacting your warriors, gear that needed to be supplied by the Captains, and other logistics such as snacks and drinks. For example, on mine and Pats boat, we did a potluck for drinks and snacks. Pat and I both brought about 18 poles total and all the gear needed for the warriors. These were things that were to be relayed to the Captains which I heard some got the info and some didn't which I will look in to. I started to worry when warriors were contacting me days before the event cause they had not been contacted by their Captains. Believe me I knew because when you input over 40 phone numbers in your cell, that takes a few minutes. I sent mass text and made phone calls to ensure every warrior was taken care of and began getting confirmations from Captains that their teams were good to go. Their fishing permits were signed off so they did not have to buy a California license which Barry worked out. I also know there was free water at one of the booths.

Musthuntandfish, I understand your concerns but I can assure you EVERY Warrior still would have be taken care of. Failing to take care of these Warriors, that I personally signed up and organized their participation, was not an option to fail.

I'd also like to note that Vince Sanchez was very helpful in helping getting Captains as well as Warriors signed up. His help and volunteering was crucial to our success in getting these guys taken care of. Oh and by the way Vince brought all the doughnuts just like he did last year, I did not bring those.

I will also be looking in to the raffle as I asked my Marines if they saw or thought something was up and was informed of some things that again I will follow up on. My part of this was simple, put Warriors on boats to fish with guys who could help put them on fish. I do not condone cheating and will report any cheaters if I catch them. I do not condone abusing the Marines I bring nor will I tolerate it. Just so you know though, go ahead and try to abuse a Marine and you'll have bigger problems than being called names.

All in all if it comes down to it, I will walk away with my Marines and the Marines I bring. I just ask that as much accuracy is given as much as possible especially when I know for a fact I took care of certain things.

Corey, by no means am I attacking you. I have great respect for you along with others. I just want to make sure that things that I know for a fact are accurately portrayed. I cannot speak for everything, just what I know from my own personal knowledge and that is dealing with the Warriors. I think there may have been some misunderstandings and then there are some serious accusations that need to be addressed.

Respectfully,
    Ben
    Semper Fi
    Now I'm getting Mad ! Why don't you spew what you told me over the phone BEN ! Remember this is real ! I'm talking to both big wigs tomorrow !

Spew it Marine ! Tell it all ! This is real !

Don't tell me I miss something ! I am very through ! You will find this out !

Ron asked me to call you ! I did ! You come up with this ! Why don't you come clean !

Tell the people what we talked about ! BEN ! I'm real, I'm real MAD !

Spew it !

I'm insulted Big Time ! An let me tell you something ! You on your best day couldn't attack me !

Spew it !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    Now I'm getting Mad ! Why don't you spew what you told me over the phone BEN ! Remember this is real ! I'm talking to both big wigs tomorrow !

Spew it Marine ! Tell it all ! This is real !

Don't tell me I miss something ! I am very through ! You will find this out !

Ron asked me to call you ! I did ! You come up with this ! Why don't you come clean !

Tell the people what we talked about ! BEN ! I'm real, I'm real MAD !

Spew it !

I'm insulted Big Time ! An let me tell you something ! You on your best day couldn't attack me !

Spew it !
    Corey,

I'm not attacking you, I said I am looking into things just like I told you on the phone and then will make my decision which more than likely i already know my decision. I don't appreciate it being posted that something wasn't taken care of when I personally addressed it such as gear and food and drinks. I don't like that I ran the warrior part of of this event and yet I'm reading that they weren't taken care of. You can ask Ron I called him multiple times before the tourney to make sure logistics were good.

I can chalk it up to maybe the word didnt get to you i dont know. What I don't know is if the info made it to ALL the captains. I'm not speaking for anyone else, I am speaking for what I know I personally did. I'm not hiding *****, I don't hide from anyone.

Now I'm insulted because I try to clear a couple things up and now I'm attacked? I TAKE CARE OF MY OWN!

You have the video and you can ask my guys I took no swag bag, no gift cards, no knife nothing! I gave it all away. I did the raffle for $200 and still gave items away. The only thing I did this for was to give back!
    Last edited by ben0606; 10-03-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Corey,

I'm not attacking you, I said I am looking into things just like I told you on the phone and then will make my decision which more than likely i already know my decision. I don't appreciate it being posted that something wasn't taken care of when I personally addressed it such as gear and food and drinks. I don't like that I ran the warrior part of of this event and yet I'm reading that they weren't taken care of. You can ask Ron I called him multiple times before the tourney to make sure logistics were good.

I can chalk it up to maybe the word didnt get to you i dont know. What I don't know is if the info made it to ALL the captains. I'm not speaking for anyone else, I am speaking for what I know I personally did. I'm not hiding *****, I don't hide from anyone.

Now I'm insulted because I try to clear a couple things up and now I'm attacked? I TAKE CARE OF MY OWN!

You have the video and you can ask my guys I took no swag bag, no gift cards, no knife nothing! I gave it all away. I did the raffle for $200 and still gave items away. The only thing I did this for was to give back!
    Explain this video to the people Ben ! Don't hide behind I'm a Marine ! We all love Marines ! But Marines that deceive ! You told me you were a Cop !

A Marine and a Cop ! Explain this VIDEO to the people BEN ! Come Back !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    Explain this video to the people Ben ! Don't hide behind I'm a Marine ! We all love Marines ! But Marines that deceive ! You told me you were a Cop !

A Marine and a Cop ! Explain this VIDEO to the people BEN ! Come Back !

What did I deceive!

I'm a tired old man going to bed ! Hoping people are thinking ! Thinking about what's happening to the Jewel !

Thinking about what happened at this tournament ! The Good Won ! In the worst conditions, The Good Won !

Think about what I asked Ben ! I want you people to know ! I all ready know ! Ben told me ! I want Ben to tell you !

I like Ben ! I am grateful to Ben and God that I'm in this position right now !

I've been wanting to clean up the Jewel for awhile ! Been to busy hunting and fishing !

I'm retired now ! I'm the new Sheriff in town and thing are going to change !

I love the Jewel and I sat and watched these low light ruin it !

I'm back ! Any body want to knock this badge off !

Bring IT ! Now come clean Ben !

Nighty Night !
    Last edited by Hardcor; 10-03-2013 at 11:02 PM.

What did I deceive!
    I'm not deceiving crap. If you question my military service then your barking on the wrong agenda......I'll gladly post my dd214. Question my experience as a combat wounded.......I'll gladly show you my dd214. Better yet you want to talk to my wife who suffers worse than I do! Or did you not notice the 6 inch scare down the left side of my neck where I was bleeding out and my 2 Marines saved my life. Or did you not notice how I re taught myself to use my right thumb that had a piece of medal shred down it! Or the numbness all along the left side of my neck and jaw!

Or is it you question me being a cop now that I've been out of active duty. I'll gladly show you my credentials. Thanks for posting to everyone what I do now by the way. I shared that with certain people not the whole world. I have a family to think about.

I answer to God and no one else. When I say I'm looking into things then I'm doing just that. Which you even said there was still hope for next year. When I make my decision, I'll post it when I say so not when you or anyone else tells me to. Again I hide behind nothing! Like I said in the other post, big respect for you and others hear but you attacking me when I correct some misunderstandings well that's bullsh&t.

Now I'm going to bed considering I wake up in 3 hours. Yup now everyone knows what I do too thanks a lot.

Corey and Ben. I say and mean this with the most respect. I support both of your efforts in resolving this matter but airing out issues/differences you may have on it here is not going to solve it and you both may lose any support in the future. Please take it off line and work it out together. I was asked by Ben to co-captain with him and Pat, I was not able to do that due to personal matters and I deeply regret missing the opportunity to fish with you and your Marines and to thank you for your service. Corey while I have not met you personally your unselfishness and passion for fishing and helping others to get on fish and learn the skills of this sport are amazing and your attention to details, perfection, ethics and doing the right thing is what this sport needs more of. The Marines and the sport needs both of you working together to make it only better please take a deep breath and step back for just a moment.

I sent both of you a PM last night before your posts here about an event for the Marines on Veterans Day. The event is on a private lake that most would die to fish on as it is loaded with huge LMB that see little fishing pressure. It is being hosted by two of my friends that hosted the BassCat Owners Tournament in the Delta last month that I attended. They are standup guys that work their a-ss off and one of them is an active Marine. The goal is to put 100 Marines on FISH and to thank them for their service on Veterans day. We need 50 boaters and it is FREE and 100% for the Marines. I need standup guys to give these Marines an experience they will not soon forget and both of you came to my immediate mind for help.

Those that know me know that I don't suffer lightly from expressing my opinion and I hope that neither of you are offended by putting my two cents in here. If I can be of any assistance please contact me. There is nothing more important to me than showing our men and women in the service how much there sacrifices are valued and appreciated. Cleaning up the mess that some people have done to our loved sport of fishing is second.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 10-04-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast