Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: quick report laughlin,nv

Default quick report laughlin,nv 9/28/13

its been a while but here we go, i stayed on the strip in laughlin but i fished the davis dam. parked strolled down the bank and saw some bait dunkers asked if they saw any activity on the water they replied "no" i start chicking my giant topwater lure. three casts later i see a fish boil on the surface to the right of where im casting. that thing looked like a bluefin boil or a person doing a cannonball into the water! i toss my luer inline with the boil, i use a stop and go retrieve and he is hot on it. every twitch i do he comes up on it, swirls on it but does not eat it. this happened all the way back to the bank. i got a good look at it when it was close to shore. it was a monster striper! definitly the biggest to ever come up behind any of my lures. i fished the last hour of daylight. my plan was to go back in the morning and give it another shot, but i had a real good time that nite so there was no way i could get up that earlythe next day.

oh yeah i did find a tackle shop in bullhead city, az called
    hillbilly's bait and tackle
    2850 hwy 68 unit b-1
    928-754-1492
    hillbillysbaitandtackle@yahoo.com
    open tues - sun 7am - 7pm closed monday
    he has live bait dead bait rods and reels lures line hooks and sinkers. he also has knowledge of all the local fishing holes. so if your ever in laughlin, check him out.
    Last edited by THROWBACK RANGER; 10-01-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Nice, my buddy caught some nice largemouth on the lunker punker up there, and last time i was up there i saw the biggest small mouth of my life chasing his deps 250 i prefer rivera marina over hilbilllys