Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest episode

Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    I'll try a kpn. More than likely what I saw was a carp. It was really dark on its back. Just never saw one roll like that. Like you said they like to come straight up then kind of flop back in the water. My weekend is shot for fishing as I have to work sat and Sunday long hours.
    Episodes closed
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the KPN. Not because it works really well but it is the most durable lipless out there and that matters a lot, especially at the duct. The finish is tough to peel unlike mass produced lures and it can take a concrete smacking beating too. I'm busy all day Saturday as well but got a quick striper fix after work today.

Hit the duct last night for a few hours only. Landed 4, a couple about 18 inches long, the other two smaller. Had several more hits, but that was it. Threw some big plastics, had some tail grabbers, no surface activity where I was fishing.
    Flow was light, water clear. Fish appear healthy even with the huge numbers that appear to be in the duct right now.

Hit the duct last night for a few hours only. Landed 4, a couple about 18 inches long, the other two smaller. Had several more hits, but that was it. Threw some big plastics, had some tail grabbers, no surface activity where I was fishing.
    Flow was light, water clear. Fish appear healthy even with the huge numbers that appear to be in the duct right now.
    Did you try your newly acquired KPN? I nailed another DD on the KPN this evening plus a 5#. I also lost another piggie. This time not to breaking off but it ripped the split ring with hook right off my Pointer. Saw it come up and smash it in the clear water with super slow flow. Twirled, pulled hard diving down and then slack. I bring my lure back and missing split ring & hook. That's 3 lost DD's in as many weeks for me. At least this one didn't get my lure lol. I did come away with one so that eases the pain. Try that KPN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    Did you try your newly acquired KPN? I nailed another DD on the KPN this evening plus a 5#. I also lost another piggie. This time not to breaking off but it ripped the split ring with hook right off my Pointer. Saw it come up and smash it in the clear water with super slow flow. Twirled, pulled hard diving down and then slack. I bring my lure back and missing split ring & hook. That's 3 lost DD's in as many weeks for me. At least this one didn't get my lure lol. I did come away with one so that eases the pain. Try that KPN!!!
    Yes, I tried it, but no luck on it. Probably not using it right.

That's funny because the last time I was there I had to pass through what seemed like several ponds that formed in the middle of the road. One in particular was a little scary. It even looked fishy lol.
    That's why I said,DONT go down that rd if its been raining

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    That's why I said,DONT go down that rd if its been raining
    You didn't say it 3 years ago when I was last there. I had my wife's SUV that day and put it in 4WD before entering. Just made it through. I came out a different way LOL

Yes, I tried it, but no luck on it. Probably not using it right.
    There is no wrong way to use it. You'll get em on it. I guarantee.

You didn't say it 3 years ago when I was last there. I had my wife's SUV that day and put it in 4WD before entering. Just made it through. I came out a different way LOL
    Three yrs ago the other rd was open

If raining. The siphon can be reached from 7th standard off of 33 hwy. There are real good farm roads that will get you in there

My opinion is I that siphon is not worth the risk however if had rained any

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Three yrs ago the other rd was open
    I just had to put the 4x4 to use. My wife never uses it lol. I actually came through the wash part of the way on purpose. I was blazing my own trail so to speak. Closed or open road, I always find my way in one way or another.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast