Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest episode

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    The farmers pumping in wells are repaying water LA has given them in the past.

That's the deal. In wet years LA (metropolitan water dist mainly) could never ever use all the allocated water they were entitled to.

So they gave it to the farmers in these wet years to
    1. Keep them from running wells
    2. A cheaper rate than running those wells

And most importantly

3. In drought years as the past two have been Met has now a provider of water now that the state project is zero.

Its more complicated than that but you get the idea.

Regarding the aquifer.... without the aqueduct over the years just imagine where the farmers would have pumped the water table down in the past 40 years? Its a double edged sword. I have a few personal opinions about who is to blame but I keep those to face to face discussions

Well I hope we get snow this winter and everyone learns a lesson and they get a solution. I'll check back in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    Well I hope we get snow this winter and everyone learns a lesson and they get a solution. I'll check back in a month or two.
    Fished last night till about midnight then headed to the casa. Lately lots of people fishing almost wherever I go. One spot I pulled up to last night all I could see was a bunch of headlamps shining. Looked like a herd of raccoons wandering around. They finally left so i tried it. Caught one sub legal. No other fish caught. Water was running but not much. Hit two other sets of gates and a siphon. The only place I didn't see other fisher people was the siphon.

Fished last night till about midnight then headed to the casa. Lately lots of people fishing almost wherever I go. One spot I pulled up to last night all I could see was a bunch of headlamps shining. Looked like a herd of raccoons wandering around. They finally left so i tried it. Caught one sub legal. No other fish caught. Water was running but not much. Hit two other sets of gates and a siphon. The only place I didn't see other fisher people was the siphon.
    Got to fish yesterday into the evening. Had several tail grabs on a fluke, and then when I was bringing it out of water a DD took a run at it but missed. Didn't see that fish again. Fished a couple of grates I have never fished for nada but one set of gates seemed to have a good school present. Ended up with 7 fish half or so legal. Threw all back to let em really grow up.
    Still no big fish. I'll check back in with myself in a month or two.

Thanks for the report.

Try threading a stinger hook thru the tail..

They're biting you just have to go to where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Salc28 View Post
    They're biting you just have to go to where they are.
    We'll, went last night thinking there would be googans galore shinning their damn headlamps all over hell but I was pleasantly surprised my favorite set of gates was reserved for me. Fished for about 10 minutes and my lure kept bumping into something but I couldn't catch them so I am thinking a school of baitfish. Anyway I keep throwing working my secret weapon at a slow pace and then thud. I rear back and it feels like I just hooked a log. No head shakes just starts moving off like really big stripers do. It moved out and all of a sudden it comes uncoupled. Damn! Ended up catching one for the frying pan and farmed a few more. I hooked that big fish within 10 yards of where I caught my PB.

Thanks for the report Dan. I think I know where your hot spot is LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by vampirebret View Post
    Thanks for the report Dan. I think I know where your hot spot is LOL.
    It isn't really a hotspot and there aren't 't too many secrets about the duct. Plus that fish could be 10 miles away next month. Nevertheless I am not going to disclose the location but I will tell you it is north of buena vista pumping plant and south of ......

It isn't really a hotspot and there aren't 't too many secrets about the duct. Plus that fish could be 10 miles away next month. Nevertheless I am not going to disclose the location but I will tell you it is north of buena vista pumping plant and south of ......
    And south of.....yep, its one of the many places that I have met you before LOL

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast