Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest episode

Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    Still poking around the aqueduct for a big fish, but so far this year nothing to brag about.
    Went on a bad skunk streak thowing big stuff looking for the monster, so switched to some
    little stuff the latest few outings. Last week I got 10 one day most legal, yesterday I managed
    22 with the biggest 5 lbs. Almost all of the other 21 fish were not legal size. Most around 15-17 inches or so.
    Fun catching them though. Enjoy the clear duct while you can because historically it isn't this clear.
    I think I might start carp fishing. Anyone got any good tips on how to catch those things. As a kid I used
    to use whole kernel corn on a light hook letting it drift down the Floyd river in Iowa in 1962. Damn, I
    am getting old.
    Times have changed. You can throw your history out the window. Never again will it be what you remember it being

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Times have changed. You can throw your history out the window. Never again will it be what you remember it being
    I suppose you can throw out the history but it is nice to have those memories. Without those you have nothing.

Gotta be a few big ones left though. I just haven't heard of any being caught this year.

I suppose you can throw out the history but it is nice to have those memories. Without those you have nothing.

Gotta be a few big ones left though. I just haven't heard of any being caught this year.
    I was just referring to the man made and natural droughts.

Water wars and all. Duct will never ever run the way it did

Can somebody give me a brief explanation of the water wars, I know it involves a smelt and the farmers

Quote Originally Posted by mrg85 View Post
    Can somebody give me a brief explanation of the water wars, I know it involves a smelt and the farmers
    Have you thought about asking Joe?

Have you thought about asking Joe?
    The water wars are more about using water to protect the delta smelt versus sending water to southern ca mostly (>75%) for human consumption. Agriculture uses approx 25% of the water going down the duct. You shut the water off going down the duct and many cities will be in dire straits. Something like that anyway. So many people think it is ag but in reality it is people.

The water wars are more about using water to protect the delta smelt versus sending water to southern ca mostly (>75%) for human consumption. Agriculture uses approx 25% of the water going down the duct. You shut the water off going down the duct and many cities will be in dire straits. Something like that anyway. So many people think it is ag but in reality it is people.
    Dan. You don't even wanna know whats coming down the pike. Unprecedented intact.

May 1st go fishing and you will be shocked and never would imagine what's going to be happening on the duct

Are ya sayin' that the Bucket Brigade will think they have died and gone to heaven because the pickin's will be so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Are ya sayin' that the Bucket Brigade will think they have died and gone to heaven because the pickin's will be so easy.
    No... guess again..

Sooooo far fetched you will never guess

No... guess again..

Sooooo far fetched you will never guess
    So basically people will arrive at the duct and say WTF

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast