Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest episode

Default Latest episode

Fished yesterday at the duct. Hit two sets of gates( Freeborn & Golf Course). Threw my
    normal stuff of plugs and plastics. No hits, zilch, nada, nothing. It is my opinion it is a little
    early for big fish, although you never know when you'll latch on.

True. You definitely won't catch them from the couch at home. You gotta get out to have a chance at getting them.

Yeah, I leanred a long time ago, you've got to fish hard to catch the big ones. Then It will happen.
    I remember a 3 week period where I nailed three fish over 30lbs. That was many moon ago.

That's a great 3 week period. Best I have done is 3 DD's in one outing. Some were back to back 1st cast and 2nd cast DD's. Love it when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    That's a great 3 week period. Best I have done is 3 DD's in one outing. Some were back to back 1st cast and 2nd cast DD's. Love it when that happens.
    Well latest trip yielded biggest fish at 30 inches. 12 hrs fishing, several gates and a siphon or two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	42709  

Nice! Sounds like you really pounded it.

Hit two gates last night and landed 2 sub legal stripers.that was it. Oh yeah,and one siphon.
    Throwing big wood to try an entice that 50 lber.

Hit one siphon tonight, fished for about an hour. One blasted my lure when I was pulling it out of the water but I missed it. Had another strong hit plus other hits but must have been all small ones, could not connect with any of them. Not the first time I got skunked. Won't be the last either. The episode continues.

Went out Friday night, hit two sets of gates north of the Buena Vista and landed one sublegal striper. Nothing to write home about that's for sure.

Hit the duct last night again. Fished temblor siphon and two sets of gates in the area.(Slowly but surely they are making it more difficult to fish the duct. I always go into that siphon from the West and now they have a gate by the haz waste dump.) I thought maybe the storm was going to get them actively feeding but not while i was fishing. Maybe while the front came in they were more active. Not much of a storm anyway. Managed to land only one 15 incher on a 5.25'' minnow plug. Tried some big hand poured plastics and some big expensive wood plugs, but no big mama. Had several more strikes but It felt like small ones. They definitely weren't going gaga over anything.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast