Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Blue fin ideas

Default Blue fin ideas

How are your preparing it besides sashimi style. There's so much this year need some new options. Thanks. Wes

Green
    Sashimi, sushi, grilled, kabobs, baked, ceviche, smoked..........recipes are endless.
    Or if you can't manage to eat it all, send some this way.....can't get enough of that fine tuna.
    TTFM
    Last edited by Trout-Tuna-For.Me; 09-19-2013 at 03:21 PM.

shabu-shabu

Blackened Ahi Tuna. Keep it simple.
    DR

I ended up just canning most of what I caught, and it's sooooo good. Two loins still in the freezer for sometime late winter or early spring. Something I always wanted to do, though not necessarily with bluefin, is an open-faced tuna tamale. The tuna is far too delicate to withstand the steaming of the masa so I would use a banana leaf (for flavor) to "fill" the tamale and to create a separating point for later "stuffing". Maybe coat the leaf with some of the chili sauce for a bit of color and flavor, wrap in a corn husk and steam it. Serving it would be simply opening the tamale and spreading open the halves. Toss the banana leaf. Place the seared tuna loin across the middle and serve wet/smothered with fresh New Mexico chili sauce, maybe a little creme fraiche. Red rice on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    I ended up just canning most of what I caught, and it's sooooo good. Two loins still in the freezer for sometime late winter or early spring. Something I always wanted to do, though not necessarily with bluefin, is an open-faced tuna tamale. The tuna is far too delicate to withstand the steaming of the masa so I would use a banana leaf (for flavor) to "fill" the tamale and to create a separating point for later "stuffing". Maybe coat the leaf with some of the chili sauce for a bit of color and flavor, wrap in a corn husk and steam it. Serving it would be simply opening the tamale and spreading open the halves. Toss the banana leaf. Place the seared tuna loin across the middle and serve wet/smothered with fresh New Mexico chili sauce, maybe a little creme fraiche. Red rice on the side.
    Sounds delicious

if you have too much BFT, here is an idea that i am sure would help..... send some to me :D

Order some smoked bacon from Mahogany Meats in Bishop. Wrap bacon slices around a some nice thick bluefin steaks and throw it on the barbeque....

Don't use just any bacon, it's just not the same.

I have smoked a bunch of bluefin...the toro part smoked melts in your mouth...im thinking of making some smoked bluefin tamales...let all that salty..smoky goodness steam into the masa...worth a shot..could end up tasting like a leather plier sheath soaked with wd-40...never know til u try...