Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Asian and Red hair guy taking Bass from Lincoln park

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Large, quality bass are a relatively rare resource in city parks. It's only natural for there to be tension between those who actively deplete local waters of such fish and those who take the ethical high ground.

You guys mad? C'mon, bring the hate. Can't stand the tragedy of the commons? Tough. Such conflicts will always exist whenever a natural resource is in limited supply and some choose to take the attitude of "it's legal, so who cares if I keep it?"

Still don't get it? Imagine how upset some of the bass detractors would be if their favorite mountain trout stream was being routinely depleted by folks who kept 'legal' fish 24/7.
    Still don't get it?

I give up, becoming redundant so erased my response. Hope you guys try and fix this the right way. See DR's post.
    Last edited by seal; 09-25-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Default Red heads

I cant believe this thread hasn't been deleated.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Still don't get it?

I give up, becoming redundant so erased my response. Hope you guys try and fix this the right way. See DR's post.
    Thanks Seal,

Check it out guys, no commitment needed but this Harbor Park lake project could become LA's #1 LMB spot in LA.
    Thoughts ? I'd be willing to spend some time and try to get more info to you Bass guys on the project.
    Thanks DR

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...in-Harbor-City

All you guys that worry about someone legally taking your bass there's only two things to do. Either catch and keep them yourselves or GET THE LAW CHANGED.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Thanks Seal,

Check it out guys, no commitment needed but this Harbor Park lake project could become LA's #1 LMB spot in LA.
    Thoughts ? I'd be willing to spend some time and try to get more info to you Bass guys on the project.
    Thanks DR

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...in-Harbor-City
    I am huge agianst poaching, i have kicked over buckets, argued with this whole forum about it etc but i have learned argueing and compolainin about it on this forum wont do a thing for you...

YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT POACHING JUMP ABOARD D.R. SHIP AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE...

change it dont complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    I am huge agianst poaching, i have kicked over buckets, argued with this whole forum about it etc but i have learned argueing and compolainin about it on this forum wont do a thing for you...

YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT POACHING JUMP ABOARD D.R. SHIP AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE...

GoGreenz,

You do understand that keeping a bass legally does not make one a poacher, right?

This is the 2nd time you've mentioned that you're against 'poachers,' when the subject at hand is a fisherman legally keeping his catch, which by definition, is not 'poaching.'

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    GoGreenz,

You do understand that keeping a bass legally does not make one a poacher, right?

This is the 2nd time you've mentioned that you're against 'poachers,' when the subject at hand is a fisherman legally keeping his catch, which by definition, is not 'poaching.'

sorry sorry im just a juniuor with lack of wisdom i didnt mean poachers i meant keepers..but is there an amount of fish kept listed on this thread? (Im gonna make a cautious assumption and guess no number was listed)so who know they could of taking to many fish which could of been poaching not just keeping...

I am huge agianst KEEPERS, i have kicked over buckets, argued with this whole forum about it etc but i have learned argueing and compolainin about it on this forum wont do a thing for you...

YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT KEEPERS JUMP ABOARD D.R. SHIP AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE...

Last edited by gogreeenz4; 09-26-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koontaj View Post
    Man I just realized that I screwed up and just want to say sorry for the jacked up thread I started. Sorry is not going to cut it, but that all I can say. So everything you guys say negatively about me is deserved. I was just very upset when I heard this and went thread gang banging. If see that guy, I will tell him it was me. Hopefully I don't have to do 8 years again...LOL...serious

KJ
    Thank you for stepping up and apologizing Koontaj. When anger takes over things can happen quickly and easily lead us to take actions that we later regret. I saw that this was nothing more than misunderstanding between two groups of Anglers who shared the same objectives in preserving and growing the fisheries within our inner city parks. I was hoping to defuse this situation before things escalated but I was just a little too late. The important thing is that no one was seriously injured and perhaps some valuable lessons were learned. Although I think the course of actions taken were extreme I would hate to see anyone get in to any trouble over this. Its obvious that the intent was just to scare these guys off.

I got a call from a friend (Abel) yesterday and I told him about this situation and he said he knows you (Koonta J). The fishing community is small enough that it is likely that there may be 2 or 3 degrees of separation between most of us. We all know someone who knows someone who is our friend so when you are out there on the water just remember you might not even know it but you are likely among friends or friends of friends.

JerryG

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post

YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT KEEPERS JUMP ABOARD D.R. SHIP AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE...

NOT MY SHIP, anybody is encouraged to get info on the project. Start there own thread once info is obtained.

Thnx Grnz, New updates today to the Harbor Park thread.

I thought that thread would be a C&R Bass Fishermans Dream Lake in LA ?

Big fire the other day 4 acres burned, good news. I hope they have another BIG fire and burn from PCH to Kaiser Hospital (Vermont) to Harbor College/Golf course. Burn the whole place and make the construction easier.

Harbor Park/Lake Machado in the year 2020. 1/4 mile off the 110 freeway @ PCH.

Last edited by DockRat; 09-28-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Thank you for stepping up and apologizing Koontaj. When anger takes over things can happen quickly and easily lead us to take actions that we later regret. I saw that this was nothing more than misunderstanding between two groups of Anglers who shared the same objectives in preserving and growing the fisheries within our inner city parks. I was hoping to defuse this situation before things escalated but I was just a little too late. The important thing is that no one was seriously injured and perhaps some valuable lessons were learned. Although I think the course of actions taken were extreme I would hate to see anyone get in to any trouble over this. Its obvious that the intent was just to scare these guys off.

I got a call from a friend (Abel) yesterday and I told him about this situation and he said he knows you (Koonta J). The fishing community is small enough that it is likely that there may be 2 or 3 degrees of separation between most of us. We all know someone who knows someone who is our friend so when you are out there on the water just remember you might not even know it but you are likely among friends or friends of friends.

JerryG
    Ha ha! This Thread is still alive. Ya! All you said, is true. It just sad that only 2 people have hit me up, so far. I know there are more , but they are a little hesitant. Its just the instinct you have when you grow up in the varrio...LOL. If you know anybody that said they seen me, tell them to hit me up. I'm actually a mellow vato now..LOL.

Thanks for the schooling.

KJ

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516