Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Late Klamath salmon report.

Default Late Klamath salmon report.

A bit tardy but here it is.

I just had my phone crash on me after working on a report for 2+hrs. So bummed. But anyway words can't do this place justice so it will mainly be a pic report. Drifted beads at the mouth of the Klamath for four days for 16 fish to hand and twice that many lost. 2oz and 15lb line was the go to. We had a crew of 7-9 throughout the trip. And boy was it a blast when the big fish took you into the surf , which was very common. We stayed at kamp Klamath and fished everyday for about 5-7 hrs. The technique was hard to learn and it was harder to land fish. Necessary lingo to know is fish on, coming down, headed up, line on, line cross, fish out front and all were used everyday.
    Our trip.

Unfortunately not even a full tank.

Beginning of the hike.

The boat ramp.

Some of the crew.

The scene.

Up the line.

Awesome waves to mind surf.

My first fish.

Adams first.

The only probly with getting limits. They need to be carried out.

Some fish from a seasoned salmon fisher.

More of mine.

Banana.

Toad of the trip. A bit over 30 caught by my buddy, another veteran of salmon fishing, Jacob.

More waves.

Sunrise over the river on a morning coffee run.

Sunrise from the hammock.

A light crowd.

One of the lagoons. Thing it was big lagoon.

Salmon for days.

My lunch as of late.

Salmon snacks.

Can't say anything bad about the trip. Just can't wait till I'm back, it'll be a trip a make every year.

[QUOTE=cutty;695511]A bit tardy but here it is.

More waves.

Great report. Incredible fish and fishing location! Very nice little right and left break. I'll bet there are some surfing that spot when it isn't Salmon season.

Surfing there you'd be a real part of the food chain and near the bottom of it for that matter. But people do surf there.

The last day it was al long lefts peeling all the way onto shore.

Wow! Thanks for the report.

That looks like some awesome fishing there.

Great report and pictures + look at those awesome fish. Good for you and your group contrat's. Thanks for sharing!