Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenks

Default Jenks

Anyone have a report on Jenks? Thinking about going up in a bit and doing some fishin and relaxin. How's the weed situation?

Appreciate any Info.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutin Man View Post
    Anyone have a report on Jenks? Thinking about going up in a bit and doing some fishin and relaxin. How's the weed situation?

Appreciate any Info.
    There are some weeds but also plenty of open area. They seem to have stocked. My buddy caught a limit of trout last week on his float tube using Hare's Ear and Pheasant Tail flashback nymphs. Also caught small bass and larger bluegill on black wooly bugger. They also bit on red San Juan worms.

Thanks for sharing the pic. Looks like a 3/4 pounder dfw stocker? did you throw it out pretty far? i think i am going out early next week. can't wait...haven't fished for trout in like 1.5 months and it's killin me. a person can only work so much i tell ya!

hope you had a good time. thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing the pic. Looks like a 3/4 pounder dfw stocker? did you throw it out pretty far? i think i am going out early next week. can't wait...haven't fished for trout in like 1.5 months and it's killin me. a person can only work so much i tell ya!

hope you had a good time. thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post
    Attachment 42712

Caught at Jenks Lake Friday 9/27/13. Hooked up with at least 25 trout, all released, mostly smaller ones.
    Nice! What were you using? Hows the weeds? Would jigging work from shore?

Thanks for the report. According to your report you caught and released 25 trout on powerbait and Salmon eggs?
    I used yellow and orange power bait. I added some glitter in the orange, it worked a little less effectively. The yellow worked great!

In the morning, I was catching fish with every cast; about 10 casts in a row, slight break and back on again. It was cold too!

The weeds are there, as usual (I think). There are less weeds than I have seen though. I didn't try jigs, it would probably work fine, but for the weeds... you might get from shore. You'd have a lot less weeds tubing. I didn't tube because of all the wind, it just wasn't worth all the paddling I'd have to do to stay in the middle of the lake

I also used salmon eggs suspended with power bait. It worked but not as well as just the floating power bait.

Here is one of the more normal size fish I was catching with a few really smaller ones too.

Attachment 42754

yes, i did.

didn't use anything else. no flies, no lures, no live bait.
    Did you miss the point or do you just not care or understand? Powerbait for C&R you probably killed 50% or more of the trout you "released".

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Did you miss the point or do you just not care or understand? Powerbait for C&R you probably killed 50% or more of the trout you "released".
    Feeding the bass is fine with me...... but i'd say more then 50%chance those "released" trout die or end up where they belong in a bass's belly!

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    Feeding the bass is fine with me...... but i'd say more then 50%chance those "released" trout die or end up where they belong in a bass's belly!
    Jenks lake bass are more likely to end up in a trout's belly.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Jenks lake bass are more likely to end up in a trout's belly.

that explains why ive never fished it or heard much about it hahahaha

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast