Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laguna Niguel or Irvine???

Default Laguna Niguel or Irvine???

Whats up everyone, happy thursday. Ill be going fishing tomorrow and I cant decide which lake to go to. Ive been to irvine 3 times and only limited out once and that took all day, from open to close. Haven't tried laguna niguel yet, only heard about it. I would love to hear any opinions, tips, or recent experiences regarding these two lakes. Id kill to get on some bass action if possible! Ive been on a winter LMB slump, but ill be satisfied with bringing some trout home for dinner too. Thanks a lot guys, ill be reporting when I get back. Til then, tight lines

If you want a easy quick limit go to LNL. It's wide open right now. Use mini jigs and worms. If your a bait dunker then you will catch then that way to.

Thanks for the info man. Highly appreciated. I forgot to mention ill only be fishing from the shore. Does LNL have some good shore spots?

Yea i do good from where they stock them the first couple days. I also do pretty good in zone 3.

I'd go LNL... Irvine is gross right now. Hardly any water...

Every single person there at 6 had their limits yesterday no later than 9 most before 7 I was on a boat and busted about 20 on crankbaits and panther martins to 7lbs. The boat is def worth it but go straight to launch ramp area if not. Bait wise those power mice on about 6in leaders by far has been best garlic scent after 9 will help alot when they start pushing off the shore. They put in smaller fish this stock and more pounds so the lake is straight full of fish so tmw will be good.Trust your jigs and drop shots and lures and you should be able to catch your limit plus release a few and be gone by 10 or 11. Have fun it's been a good year at Niguel fersure

you think it will be worth bringing a catfish rod too ? so while im jigging i can try for a cat or two

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    you think it will be worth bringing a catfish rod too ? so while im jigging i can try for a cat or two
    The other 3 pay lakes gives you a fair shot at some catfish. LNL catfish hid in the reeds by nature, so it would be pretty tough to lure them out into the trout grounds. Besides you can C&R the trout anyway, so you should use 2 trout poles as a matter of course. FYI it was stupid wide open again today!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-10-2014 at 04:52 PM.

What's the cost to fish lnl? Is there a fee to fish from a float tube?

@etucker i think im up for the challenge. I will be with my grandpa so it will be three trout rods in the water anyway
    @mission , it is 28 per person plus a 5 dollar fee to enter park. plus 10 for the launch fee for a float tube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast