Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Another pretty good day at San Antonio 9/11

Default Another pretty good day at San Antonio 9/11

streacher66 and I hit the tone this morning hoping for some striper action but after troling the lake till 10:30 we tied up in Bee Rock cove to soak some bait.Took 7 cats 3dinks and 4 from 3-5 lbs. Greg caught one of the nice ones and a good smallmouth while trolling.*while tied up in the cove Greg spotted some what he thought were syripers jumping just at the edge on casting distance so I tossed a kast master over at them and bang the fight was on. Mr. Striper inhaled my km and ran off what had to be close to 100 yards of screaming drag. I kept the presure on until he stopped then started working him back to the boat.Unfortunatly he found a cable for a no wake buey and wrapped it cutting my line.Only striper bite of yhe day. I'd of sure liked to get a look at him at least, the way he tore off that 15 lb line made me think he may have pushed around 20 lbs but you know the ones that get away grow bigger, quickest in the telling. Water level in the lake is low with only the Haris Creek launch ramp open. The marina has been relocated next to the ramp.
    Brezy and warm
    watertemp 74
    visability about 3'
    Last edited by plumbertom; 09-11-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks for S-Ton report.

It's always the big one that gets away.

man, with these great reports, i really want to go to sa....

74 deg,,,,,,,,its dropping nicely now,,,,,,,FALL bite is on it over there,,,,,,wtg P,TOM

The day I was there the lake was at 9% capacity according to the Monterey co. web site. I've launched there when the lake was so low they laid steel plates over the mud below the ramp so you could get to the water.
    Seemed to me that it would be about that point if it drops another 5 foot.