Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Never forget, never forgive

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I defy you to find an example where I have demonstrated a failure to stand behind my moral code.
    If you have a moral code then this would have been a fine time to show it. Nothing that was said was that derogatory and if you would have let it go then this thread would have continued in a positive direction I am quite certain, it is your intervention that has derailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    If you have a moral code then this would have been a fine time to show it. Nothing that was said was that derogatory and if you would have let it go then this thread would have continued in a positive direction I am quite certain, it is your intervention that has derailed it.
    And that is the EXACT answer I expected. If you take an event like 9/11 and then hide behind it in order to spout your political and religious animosity, don't be surprised if you get called out on it. The fact is any attempt to honor the victims of 9/11 was derailed in the very first post.

It would be no different if someone decided to start a thread by saying, "I love rainbows! And screw the government!", getting called out on it, and then replying "You evil, immoral rainbow hater!"

I got to honor my FDNY brother in law who was in the thick of it 12 years ago today and he thankfully made it. He was here visiting 2 weeks ago. Never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    And that is the EXACT answer I expected. If you take an event like 9/11 and then hide behind it in order to spout your political and religious animosity, don't be surprised if you get called out on it. The fact is any attempt to honor the victims of 9/11 was derailed in the very first post.

It would be no different if someone decided to start a thread by saying, "I love rainbows! And screw the government!", getting called out on it, and then replying "You evil, immoral rainbow hater!"
    Lady Quagga has it exactly right. Did it ever occur to others on this thread that out of all the families, at least some if not many have Christian beliefs that include forgiveness. This thread does nothing to honor them. Had the animosity been left out, we could all have gotten behind it. There wouldn't have been any negativity at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    I got to honor my FDNY brother in law who was in the thick of it 12 years ago today and he thankfully made it. He was here visiting 2 weeks ago. Never forget!
    As with many important events in American History, Vin Scully two years ago today offered these poignant words, honoring those who lost their lives, and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice trying to save others on that day (links to the full speech and video are available below):

"We had a lead, gray morning, slowly burning off to a brilliant sunrise, making you think of that beautiful day in New York 10 years ago, Sept. 11, 2001. Certainly a day in which God must have wept, wept over man’s inhumanity to man. A day of heroes and a day of horror.

"And there are numbers we always talk about in baseball. We know of the total number of people who passed away that day. But I think of two particular numbers -- 405 and 343. Four-hundred and five were the total number of first responders who died that day trying to help others. And the 343, all of those brave firemen who as most of those people who did escape were going down the stairs, 343 firemen were going up the stairs on the way to meet their destiny."
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id...ic_id=16401516

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodg...after-911.html

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    He must carry a very heavy heart after being in the middle that horrible and tragic atrocity. So glad he made it through and I hope he doesn't suffer from any health problems related to the disaster. Unfortunately my daughter's fiance did not survive the collapse. My daughter was only about 15 minutes away on her way in to join him. My wife and I knew she was heading down there that morning, it took 2 hours before she could reach us to let us know she was ok. Those were the 2 longest most terrifying hours of our lives.

Thanks for posting that...

God bless the survivors families on this day and let them be at peace in life.
    Thanks seal, this day is one of the hardest days of my daughters life...

RIP 9/11 Victims.

Christopher Larrabee

Glad I had the honor to meet him in the mid 1990's at his parents home.
    He was a regular kid and my daughter and his younger sister Jessica went to school together, played, sleepovers ect. He had to overcome brain surgery at 18 then went on to graduate from the University of Arizona in Tucson.

Christopher Larrabee, was 26 when he died on Sept. 11, 2001, with about 700 other Cantor Fitzgerald employees at One World Trade Center.

Putting Life in Focus

Christopher Larrabee was a Californian, raised with the sun and the sea, who had just come to New York in March to start on the bottom rungs at Cantor Fitzgerald. He was 26 and decided to trade his breezy California lifestyle for a career in finance, just like his father and older sister, Nicole.

At 18, he underwent brain surgery after suffering a series of seizures. Earlier this year, after quietly stopping his daily medication, seizures — and more hospitalizations — returned. He decided to put more focus in his life.

His father, Stephen, an equity trader at Cantor Fitzgerald in Los Angeles, helped get his son the job. On a trainee's salary, life was tough for the newcomer. He appreciated it when older colleagues treated him to dinner and he took advantage of museums when they were free. "He left a lot behind to follow this dream of his," said his twin sister, Paige. "He was scared and nervous to move so far away. But he was adjusting pretty well and getting into the scene."

I don't know these people but I took this photo a few weeks after at the ' Route 66 car show ' I just wonder what this young boys thoughts are.Attachment 42540Attachment 42541

Let "her" keep talking. The more it spews, the more it reveals it's true motivations. I wrote what I personally felt. That's my right. I wrote nothing that wasn't the truth. Millions of Americans feel the same way as I do...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast