Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dumb Dumb Rookie Redondo Cops. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Thanks for the info Ben, Etuck. I have more pictures showing the No fishing and a arrow point north. I was a 100' on the legal side of the sign. There is also a no fishing sign 600' down near the boat hoist (Bubble) with an arrow the opposite direction. so basically I'm fishing in the legal area.

Went to Just Fishing tackle shop and talked to Pete and he laughed since he has fished that area since the 1960's and has the closest shop to KH and has never heard of anyone getting a ticket there.

So the ticket is a city code violation and the Watch Commander told me today that officers interpretation was that I was in a no fishing area.

Then went to Harbor Patrol and spoke with the supervisor and asked him about the area if it was legal and he said yes. Then I told him I got a ticket so he called the Watch Commander who drove down there. They ordered me to sit in my car while they chatted.

Then the Harbor Patrol super said that since there was no sign saying it is legal that it would be up to the judge. I'm like "What ? This is your harbor, this is not a gray issue it is either black or white"

These clowns are painted into a corner and now the want to let some judge figure it out since these newbee cops don't know the harbor.

I got a complaint form from the watch commander and he asked what for ?
    I said I'm going to file on harassment charges ?
    These officers are harassing me and I'll I'm trying to do is fish (legally).
    He asked me to fill it out and I refused and told I'll have my lawyer do it.

Next step will be with code enforcement to get documents on the legal areas so that I can eat these rookies up in court. This case will set precedence on this fishing area.

Going to fight so that not ONE INCH more of coastline gets shut off to fishing.

Anybody know any attorneys that fish that will help out ? Send pm.
    Thank you, DR
    DR, you have a lot of good information. Now you got to put it all together and make your best case to the judge. My suggestion is to make sure you have a good map of the harbor. Show the judge exactly where you were fishing, and where the no fishing area's are. Also hammer it hard about the Harbor Patrol, they should know their own jurisdiction like the back of their hand. For them to tell you at first it's ok, and then later admit it up to the judge. Tells me their is a huge grey area about where it's legal to fish. Good Luck!!!

Here some helpful advice from someone that worked in law enforcement. Obviously you had a few to drinks, don't be a douche when they tell you to leave. You got yourself into the mess. Did you just turn 21? Man up and just pay the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    Here some helpful advice from someone that worked in law enforcement. Obviously you had a few to drinks, don't be a douche when they tell you to leave. You got yourself into the mess. Did you just turn 21? Man up and just pay the ticket.
    Boy it's going to fun in the morning and read DR response. lol

Dear SuperBigFish. I was fishing in a legal area. The 'Keep off the splash wall no fishing' sign refers to the splash wall, I was on the rocks. The second sign below says no 'fishing beyond this point' with a arrow. I was 100' over on the LEGAL FISHING side sign. Yesterday I spoke to fishermen fishing at the same spot.

I have fished this same spot for years and even with some FNN fishermen.

You want me to ' Man up and just pay the ticket ' for some Rookie cop that doesn't know the legal boundaries ? F that, I'm going to city hall tomorrow and city council meeting on Tuesday.

You got yourself into the mess.

These Cops got themselves into a mess.
    They are going to wish they've never wrote the stupid ticket when I get done with them.

Also, I'm fishing within 50' to 500' of several bars. Fishing and Beers are like Peas and Carrots.

HERE IS A VIDEO OF PEOPLE FISHING THE SAME SPOT I GOT A TICKET AT.

Here is another video during a Mackerel run at the exact same spot where I got the ticket.

Good luck DR on fighting the ticket.
    I've always thought those signs were in regards to being on top of the splash walls too and I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket in the area u mentioned.

From what I understand from talking to harbor patrol in the past, many of the codes are municipal codes and not DFG violations. Either way, it sounds like Redondo will need to post designated fishing area signs in the future.

Good luck and keep us posted.

-brian

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    DR, you have a lot of good information. Now you got to put it all together and make your best case to the judge. My suggestion is to make sure you have a good map of the harbor. Show the judge exactly where you were fishing, and where the no fishing area's are. Also hammer it hard about the Harbor Patrol, they should know their own jurisdiction like the back of their hand. For them to tell you at first it's ok, and then later admit it up to the judge. Tells me their is a huge grey area about where it's legal to fish. Good Luck!!!
    Harbor patrol didn't write the ticket. The fact that he called the cops watch commander to meet was showing who's side he is on. One department can't just rip up another departments citation. Harbor patrol tried to help from reading the post

Were you drinking when you wrote this response?
    NEXT TIME EDIT YOUR WRITING.
    Typical,
    Robert
    <><
    Last edited by murrieta angler; 09-09-2013 at 11:53 AM.

I'd be willing to bet DR wishes he was still 21. Personally I would like to be perpetually 30 years old. DR, like the rest of us anglers are sick and tired of losing one spot after another to an overbearing government. I have great respect for most all LEO's, it's a tough job indeed but with that being said, the government with all it's mandates, regulations, taxes, and fees, have turned many folks against it, particularly hunters and anglers. Enough is enough...

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Where you drinking when you wrote this response?
    NEXT TIME EDIT YOUR WRITING.
    Typical,
    Robert
    <><
    No I was not drinking in public and it is 100% legal to have a couple beers prior to fishing.
    No driving, no open containers, no drunk in public.
    No reason to edit a legal fishing excursion.
    Never had a DUI and do not DUI.
    RB Police are free to read this too.
    Thanks for your concern. DR

Last edited by DockRat; 09-08-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast