Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 9/3 Little Virginia Float tubing

Default 9/3 Little Virginia Float tubing

Here on my annual after Labor Day Eastern Sierra trip.

Yesterday, ate breakfast at Jacks in Bishop with my cousin after an early morning departure from Irvine. Then hit Intake 2 with my tube, armed with my worm jig setup. Picked up 20 in 2.5 hours. All were stockers (do the DFG stockers seem smaller this year?).

This morning, hit Little Virginia, again armed with my worm jig setup. Got 31 in 3 hours with a red power worm. Lots of wind. The shore fishers had to thrown their bait into the wind. Didn't see any big fish come out of the lake this morning. Ate breakfast at the lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Here on my annual after Labor Day Eastern Sierra trip.

Yesterday, ate breakfast at Jacks in Bishop with my cousin after an early morning departure from Irvine. Then hit Intake 2 with my tube, armed with my worm jig setup. Picked up 20 in 2.5 hours. All were stockers (do the DFG stockers seem smaller this year?).

This morning, hit Little Virginia, again armed with my worm jig setup. Got 31 in 3 hours with a red power worm. Lots of wind. The shore fishers had to thrown their bait into the wind. Didn't see any big fish come out of the lake this morning. Ate breakfast at the lodge.
    Yes they are smaller I would say they averaged around 8 to 9 inches. What's up with that?