Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Colorado River fish Labor Day weekend 2013. Tons of pics.

Default Colorado River fish Labor Day weekend 2013. Tons of pics.

Weather was way hot and way humid this weekend. Got to the house Thursday afternoon to very low water levels. I launched the boat and woke up Friday morning to this:

The water stayed low until about 3pm Friday and we launched for the evening bite, which was on fire. It was like Bassmasters when they're fishing a river with a dam. They wait until they start letting the water out and game on. Same baits as the last 100 trips for me. Curly tail grub, square bill crank, black tube with red flakes, swimbait... No pics of the little ones of course, which were many.

Got a few doubles

Saturday slowed down a little but the bite was still on (new hat Kingfish):

Greg got a bluegill on a bluegill!

This fish had some growing issues it seems

Went out by myself Sunday morning and the bite was very slow. Water was really muddy and they weren't really interested, but I got some:

Right before I called it quits I said "Alright, two more casts". On the last one, I flipped the 3 inch grub into the toolies and BAM:

Great lightning Sat night. The humidity was pretty bad and the swamp cooler sure didn't like it but another great weekend with the guys.

To top it off 3 out of 5 limited on Sunday morning:

Looks like an awesome trip, birds and bass what more could you ask for.

You caught more bass in a weekend then I caught the past three years. Nicely done. Great picture by the way.

nice dude you always kill it

Kick ads job bro I'm jealous