Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: No fish,Good Trip

Default No fish,Good Trip

So I finally got to go on my very first overnight boat. It was really fun and an awesome experience.Unfortunately we didn't catch ANY fish, well the boat caught a total of 10 fish all yellow tail. We sailed around for hours trying to find fish and we had no luck. The boat was REALLY fun though. It was fun sleeping on the bunks although my dad hit his head a couple times while getting in and out which I found a little funny because of his reaction. Although we didn't catch fish we saw some really cool aquatic animals dolphins,whales, and seals. The dolphins were the best, the were literally right in front of us, and not only were they there for like 10 minutes once my dad got his camera they started doing tricks. The crew was very nice they said I did a good job getting out of the way when someone was reeling in a fish, of course when someone started reeling in the jackpot fish I had been fishing so I looked over to see what was going on and my dad kept telling me, "Focus of your own line" how could I do that when someone was reeling in a HUGE fish!!! Apparently my room expectations were too high for a fishing boat, my dad had met us in San Diego and when he saw what I had packed he was really surprised. Apparently I "packed too much" for a 1 day trip (lesson learned). Anyways I had an awesome trip and I can't wait to go again!!! See you all at HG5 can't wait!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	173.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	42463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	184.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	42464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	182.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	42465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	42466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	174.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	42467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	148.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	42468
    Last edited by City Girl; 09-01-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Very nice,I'm totally impressed with your report although the lack of fish,you really get it! I have a couple of friends who think if you don't catch any fish it was a failure trip.
    I always tell them,c'mon man,I know your refrigerator at home is packed with food,so your not here for sustenance,your out here to have a good time,and any time you go out into the ocean for the day and make it back safe to the landing you Had a great day.
    You've got a great attitude,keep it up and I guarantee the fish will come your way,thanks for the pics and report!

Cya TunaVic

A lady, OVERPACK? Say it ain't so! :)

Bless your heart, making lemonade when the fishing comes up lemons.

Fun report and cool pictures. I am glad you and your gang had a good time. What boat were you on? At least the water did not look rough which is realy nice. My last 3 trips out of San Diego were Victory at sea (BOO) rough. How big and what kind of fish were caught? YellowTail, Bluefin! Thanks for your report you will get bit next time.
    Tight Lines / jig-juy Bill

We went out on Producer the biggest fish was 20 lbs + the other nine were rats. All yellow tail. We saw some dorado but they ignored our sardines.

Great report CG
    Don't think that will hamper you HG skills that's for sure.

WWO

Hi City Girl and thanks for responding. I fished the Producer last September 19 2013 when the ocean was rougher than hell. I did get lucky and landed one rat yellowtail off a patty about 8 pounds, no skunk & happy.
    Go do it again and post your trip we all enjoyed your report thank's.
    jig-guy / Bill

Too cool, better luck next time out.

Awww, I've been waiting anxiously for this report and was hoping you were going to get on 'em. Well, it sounded like you had a good time either way and that just means you'll get 'em next time around. It's tough to time it right and, although the fish have shown very well this year, it doesn't always work out in the catching department. Thanks for sharing the experience with us and looking forward to seeing you again at HG5!

Don