Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S.W.A.T. and Bako boys team up.. Doves, Limits, Stripers, DD's, and getting shot

WOW!
    Thank God you two are okay...
    I've been shot at twice, purposely, and they both missed me...
    Seems like a great day otherwise.
    thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

I have the feeling bill was doing the elmer fudd ,im goin get that waskilly wabitt,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    WWO, hows that shoulder after 4 boxes of shells?

I only did 2 1/2 boxes and mine was sore for a day.
    Not bad at all to tell the truth.

This dove thing is a lot like Golf. Sometimes you get a good hit. Clubs make a big difference, so I need to go see what kind of pattern my shotgun is throwing. Never have checked that out. The barrel is a Full Choke and that MIGHT have something to do with my average shot to drop ratio...

WWO

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    I have the feeling bill was doing the elmer fudd ,im goin get that waskilly wabitt,,,,,,,,,,,
    Bob you got that right!

WWO

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post

This dove thing is a lot like Golf. Sometimes you get a good hit. Clubs make a big difference, so I need to go see what kind of pattern my shotgun is throwing. Never have checked that out. The barrel is a Full Choke and that MIGHT have something to do with my average shot to drop ratio...

WWO
    Once you learn the optimal spread to hour gun. Half the battle is over then. They will be dropping like flies

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post

WWO
    I think that you'll be surprised by how small the pattern is with a full choke. I used an improved cylinder last night. The pattern is about 24" at 30 yards. With the full choke it will be about half that size.

Here's a page that describes the patterns for the different chokes at 40 yds. http://www.chuckhawks.com/pattern_shotgun.htm

If your shooting like me, you're shooting behind them. I have to take my progressive lens glasses off to hit anything. I can't tell distance wearing them.

Smile

What a cool report Mike.
    Bill is "barely" coachable...
    Sorry to hear about the the mishap with you & your son, thank God it wasn't worse.
    Looking forward to seeing the Bako Boys at HG5!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    What a cool report Mike.
    Bill is "barely" coachable...
    Sorry to hear about the the mishap with you & your son, thank God it wasn't worse.
    Looking forward to seeing the Bako Boys at HG5!

Not as much as were looking forward to being there w,nut!

TRAIL BLAZER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123