Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. and Bako boys team up.. Doves, Limits, Stripers, DD's, and getting shot

Default S.W.A.T. and Bako boys team up.. Doves, Limits, Stripers, DD's, and getting shot

Dove hunt report here, some duct reporting but since the majority or real reason is of the report is the massive DoVE kill that went down this AM.

Been in contact with WWO for over a year and been "coaching" him in the Dove hunt arena. His second dove hunt and he had a limit. 4 boxes to do it? but a limit nonetheless!

I was with my first time shooting sons. I was preoccupied with their safety practices and such. I did squeeze off 7 birds in 9 shots though. My boys had limits with 6 boxes between them. GETTING EXPENSIVE!!!

birds were flying like Argentina, ask Bill.. It was like a Lion trying to pick out a zebra in the herd..

All in all the hunt was a blast, Bill came, he saw, he kilt! "great white hunter".

Castin and blastin!!!

40 birds,,,, like 1.5lbs of meat?? Certainly a financial loss, but hey its about fun with the friends RIGHT?

Took WWO out to the duct for some BAKO BOY FUN!!!! Stripey was on.. It was all about the DD fish today dawgs!!!

I still don't get the "uncoachable"... he's a natural if you ask me. Maybe it was just because I was in full Teach mode with the boys there that he was just another student.. hahaha.. Your quick Bill, don't let those S.W.A.T. guys give ya such a hard time

Limit of dove on his second trip and DD on his first duct run!!!

AMAZIN!!!

We ended up with a dozen or so sub legal stripers and 40 dove.

Good times WWO!!! Hope it doesn't take another year to do something with you again.

Regarding the getting shot, my 14 year old and I were shot in the back by some jackhole shooting at a low bird. We both have a dozen welt's, no blood but it hurt!..

Forgive me Bill for my language and behavior afterward, Rage took over and I'm glad the responsible shooter didn't step up or it would of been worse.

Double hook up!

Bacon wrapped Dove breast on the BBQ this evening maybe? YUM, YUM!!!!!!!

Mike, Great photos of all the action.

That was so much fun and I was stoked to get some of those DD you guys have been talking about so much....I could see myself living out there. So much openness and the room to have all kinds of fun. I would even bet there's some good Jeeping nearby.

Hey I improved from last year............... a little! And you are right about the flocks that I have only seen on TV being like Argentina. That one big group was heading right at your boys.
    All in all, the morning went well all except the LOW shooter. Well you know one thing for sure, your boys learned a very valuable lesson today. It will stick with em forever. Good kids and well spoken.

Mike I a tired old dog and stink. So I am gonna hit the showers and call it a day real soon. See you and Trailblazer at HG 5 and bring the boys. Well get em on something. Maybe a Leo, that would be interesting.

Take care my Hunting Yoda

WWO
    Last edited by Which Way Out; 09-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Mike,

I got a tip on the report from WWO and I've got to say first of all Bills a great guy and loads of fun to be around. The combination of dove hunt and striper fishing, well, pretty awesome if you ask me.

I've also got to commend you Mike for spending time in the outdoors with your boys and I've got tons of respect for you with your stressing the importance of safety. Great job out there Mike!

Can't beat that kinda day Mike. Except when you guys got "Cheney'd". That S**ks! Hey wait, lol, are you sure you weren't wearing that Obozo mask and you p***ed off a Cali "Hick"? Other than that an awesome day with a friend and your boys. Nice job CB...

Anytime Bill!..

Cheneyed?... it did cross my mind and I couldn't imagine the level of pisst off the guy Cheney shot was.

I was furious at a severe pelting...

Maybe he thought you were a big bird Mike, LOL Thank God you got it in the backside, could have been ugly the other way.....Looks like a fun productive day, killing birds and fish......Life is good.....Dave

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T/b

Nice job on the dove and striper.

That sounds like a good time with the boys and WWO.

Getting shot is no fun. Glad you and your son are OK.

Don't be too down on yourself for being mad about being shot. It gets to you! I know, I've been knocked to my knees. It ruined two jackets, a canvas brush jacket and a down jacket. I'm glad that I was wearing them though, just bruises same as you. Those feathers stop pellets nicely.
    Last edited by fishinone; 09-03-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Hey Mike, I didn't know the boys were golfers as well. I watched a couple of your other videos and have to say they looked real good off the tee's. I sort of have a background in golf and have seen the very best play up close. Not sure what the ball flight looked like, but the swing follow through was perfect on the shots I watched.

WWO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast