Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bbl 08-24 & 25

Default Bbl 08-24 & 25

Did a quick session Saturday 6am-9am and another Sunday 6am-9am - both at Windy Point.

Saturday started slow with one the senko working deeper and one on a dark-green plastic craw, but when I switched to the white spinner bait about 7am, they lit-up - first 3 casts- 3 bass. Got a few more hits and landed one or two more. All were about 1lb - no monsters. Once the strong wind picked up the bass seemed to turn off (or go deeper and I didn't want to chase them) but I did pick up a couple crappie on the fly.

Sunday morning I started w/ the spinner hoping for a repeat, but didn't get much love. Eventually picked up 3 (all about 1lb) and I hooked into a couple others that felt much bigger but I lost them before I could see them. I also picked up some nice crappie and a hard-fighting bluegill on the fly.

Cheers,

Eric

Beautiful days out there at BBL. Hit up Jenks the other day and now your report makes me want to head up to BBL even though I can't really take time off work. oh well...gotta fish when i gotta fish!

Great job!

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the report. nice to see you getting some love from the bass and crappie. We're going to be up this weekend and I think I'll hit Windy. I'm not sure on Saturday morning because I'm coming up late after HS football (opening weekend). It depends on how I feel when I wake up Saturday morning. I definitely will be out on the lake early Sunday and Monday though. Let me know if you're going up and maybe we can hook-up for some fishing.

TM: How was Jenks? Hopefully it was good for you.

Tight lines,

Bill

Matthew 4:19

Nice slabs you got there, good size for the Bear! Looks like you had a great couple of mornings out there. Thanks for the report man!