Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: PB trout , irvine

Default PB trout , irvine

Caught this at irvine i believe in march, my PB trout. Weighed in at just over 6 pounds, Was jumping everywhere, Caught on 2 pound line.
    i Believe my pflueger president reel is the reason i caught it, Wonderful drag system and great reel for the price.

Nice catch, congrats! Can't wait til the trout season starts but gotta finish the catfish strong tho!

Great catch on the Trout and a good choice on the reel as I have four of them in three different sizes and looking to buy yet another.

Thanks ! and yes i love this reel , i plan on getting an other set up for trout. right now im using a 7'6 bass pro shops UL , micro lite series or something like that with the pflueger president (smallest one) I use that for my trout worms and mini jigs, and i use a little cheap rod and reel combo that i bought 5 years ago in big bear for my bait n wait rod. it is actually a really good rod and reel for being only 20$ drag system works pretty good too

Almost forgot , I believe it was caught on red Trout worm, Berkley brand with a small split shot 2 feet up working it in SLOW with 5 sec. pauses in between every 5 times i bounced the rod tip.