Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caddis navigator iv

Default Caddis navigator iv

Anyone know if this is a good tube ? looked online and reviews look pretty good, just trying to see if anyone actually has/had it .

Either this or the creek company U-boat 2000 . Need some advice

The Caddis navigator iv is a great beginner tube. I had one for a few years until I upgraded to a Cumberland! I would definitely recommend the Caddis navigator iv to anyone.

Hello guys I have the Caddis Navigator 11 and I find it everything I need for a float tube, fits my large frame very well, my next step is to sell one of my toys to get a fish finder for my float tube

TED

Thanks guys ! im thinking of just saving up a little more and just get the ODC 420 so i dont have to upgrade at all.

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    Thanks guys ! im thinking of just saving up a little more and just get the ODC 420 so i dont have to upgrade at all.
    That is a great idea. I had the Navigator II which is the top of the line Caddis similar to the IV. The design sucks starting with the PVC cross bar that stabs into both sides of the tubes bladders. Mine would never line up or seat right and the heavier you are the farther the PVC pushes into the bladder. The sling seat has no support, sits too low in the water and has no padding. Finally the tube sits way too low in the water in general creating too much drag and getting you way too wet.

The V style tubes like ODC and Fish Cat sit much higher and you stay much dryer. Because of this they move across the water faster with less effort and the mobility is better too.

If you do go with the ODC420 you will find a tube that is approx. $50.00 less that a Fat Cat, holds more weight than the Fish Cat and has Boston Valves that you can get to on the water if you ever need to add air on the water without getting out. This feature is more handy than you will ever know until you start tubing and get a leak.

Get the ODC420 that has the PVC bottom for longevity and more durability.

Happy Tubing
    Last edited by LBSea; 08-21-2013 at 09:22 PM.

I am sorry for you , you must not like the Navigator 11

TED

Quote Originally Posted by LBSea View Post
    That is a great idea. I had the Navigator II which is the top of the line Caddis similar to the IV. The design sucks starting with the PVC cross bar that stabs into both sides of the tubes bladders. Mine would never line up or seat right and the heavier you are the farther the PVC pushes into the bladder. The sling seat has no support, sits too low in the water and has no padding. Finally the tube sits way too low in the water in general creating too much drag and getting you way too wet.

The V style tubes like ODC and Fish Cat sit much higher and you stay much dryer. Because of this they move across the water faster with less effort and the mobility is better too.

If you do go with the ODC420 you will find a tube that is approx. $50.00 less that a Fat Cat, holds more weight than the Fish Cat and has Boston Valves that you can get to on the water if you ever need to add air on the water without getting out. This feature is more handy than you will ever know until you start tubing and get a leak.

Get the ODC420 that has the PVC bottom for longevity and more durability.

Happy Tubing
    Most of us started with Uboats then progressed to the Caddis II or IV, there is nothing wrong with these boats my friend still fishes out of one and he's been at it almost as long as I have. Yes you sit lower in the water, yes setup is not quite as easy but comfort is pretty good in my opinion and if the buyer is not too heavy it is a very good entry level boat.

Normal price point for the ODC or FC4 is a good 100 bucks higher than that of the Caddis Nav tubes (yes I know there are occasional sales), that is a big challenge to some, not all are going to get right into the higher priced tubes, oh and that includes all the talk about spending too much money on fins and that includes thinking you have to build a pvc monstrosity to hold your go pro, 50 rods etc....

Keep tubing simple and you will enjoy it, you can always upgrade later on.

There was intent to offend anyone that is using a Caddis Navigator, except maybe the designer. It was my first tube and I used mine for several years, but the day my buddy rolled up with his new ODC and we went tubing Newport channel side by side it took me 5 min. to realize that I needed to sell my tube and get one. I am a die hard tuber and go out often so the cost was not an issue for me but in the end I am just passing on what I have learned over the last 12 years of tubing.

And yes I agree for starting out use whatever you can to get out on the water.
    Last edited by LBSea; 08-22-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Yes you have to remember there are a few things you never say to a FLOAT TUBER'

1 Never ever insult another man"s Float TUBE
    2 Never touch another"s man Hat
    3 Never kick another Float Tubers Dog
    4 and never insult another man"s Wife , Unless it is in that time of the month

TED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast