Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Irvine or Big bear for 3 days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Irvine or Big bear for 3 days

I am either going to spend a couple nights at a family friends cabin in big bear or go camping at irvine lake . Which would you guys suggest doing ? I love trout fishing, thats what i usually fish for. But I just recently fell in love with the cats at irvine . I am really confused here ahaha

And i will most likely fish at GVL and shore fish at big bear if i go there. I just dont know how the bite is going to be , since my Go to Trout lake (Gvl) put that weed killer in the lake, and i never really fished big bear so dont have a clue about that lake.

I vote BigBear. It's so beautiful up there. If you need fishing help, go to a tackle store and ask. They want you catching fish. I've heard near the dam side is good. I haven't been fishing for a few months- but if I had the choice, I'd choose the mountains.

Thanks for the reply ! and yeah thats kind of what i was thinking ! Its very nice up there.

Let's see hot dusty Irvine and stocked cats or pine trees, cool weather, pink meated great fighting BBL trout, gee I don't know hard decision.

Well Obviously big bear has nicer scenery . I just dont know that like at all. From what i heard its very hard to shore fish due to the weeds.
    And the only lake i know up there is GVL and they havent been doing that good

i would definitely go up to big bear and the whole GVL thing i wouldn't believe any1, go try it out. i texted a local that fishes the lake everyday 2 to 3 times per day as he is retired and he tells me the lake is off the hook. But to each his own, i wish i could get up there ASAP! even if i dont catch much i prefer cool weather instead of this dayum heat. good luck either way

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    Well Obviously big bear has nicer scenery . I just dont know that like at all. From what i heard its very hard to shore fish due to the weeds.
    And the only lake i know up there is GVL and they havent been doing that good
    Irvine from shore much better this time of the year? But you are correct you need to adjust your methods if fishing BBL from shore, much better from a tube, boat, kayak etc...

You didn't mention when you are going. The weedbeds will start to subside here soon. Good luck.