Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 21.4 LB Striper caught at Lake Perris 8/18

Yes i fished Silverwood when we trolled Huge Lures for 10-20 lb browns
    The DFG only stocked Browns in Silverwood 5 or 6 times. The Browns did a good job of reproduction back then in the Small streams entering the lake
    A few Browns still exist in a couple of the streams (oops Big Secret)
    Sometimes we would catch a large brown on a Purple spin frog behind a brown vinyl Jig while fishing for Bass in the narrows.

Old guy by the name of Dell East designed the AC plug just for just for the large browns....Soon after the plug made a great Striper plug
    The stripers did not kill off the big browns. They killed off the smaller browns that swam out of the stream
    The Browns were fall spawners. The Small browns would enter the lake in the spring
    the stripers would stack up in the spring right in the mouth of miller creek. The small browns moving into the lake never had a chance.

If you Hang out early summer at LP in water about 5-8ft deep (sail cove) sometimes you will see a couple stripers along with larger bass eating small Bluegill and small Bass fry.
    the stripers are as bad as bass but with a Bigger Appetite.
    I have only caught 4 stripers from Lp in 6 years. They are harder to get as their are not many of them. The last two ... Both this year on the same day had small bluegill in them when i cleaned them.
    stripers eat about anything just like a Largemouth
    Even at Diamond Valley seems the trout both browns and rainbows are having a hard time getting bigger. I think most are eaten by Largemouth and Stripers
    we just do not have water for both. We could have large browns or Large stripers
    have you noticed how Skinny the stripers are at Lp since they stopped the trout plants ???
    The Giant shad balls are gone as are the Huge schools of smaller BG
    yes there are lots of Bluegill in Lp out in deep water But not like it used to be
    Is it a phase ? or is Mr stripy doing damage ??
    I wish the DFG would really look into this

I am with Seal. I wish they would replant the Browns. Maybe scattering them throughout a lake instead of at the launch ramp. But their are so many Stripers in Silverwood I doubt they have a chance
    maybe Seal could show us all how to catch more of Mr Stripy in Lake perris

Might as well Enjoy what we have and get back to Fishing

Tom
    Last edited by Tom; 08-22-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Yes i fished Silverwood when we trolled Huge Lures for 10-20 lb browns
    The DFG only stocked Browns in Silverwood 5 or 6 times. The Browns did a good job of reproduction back then in the Small streams entering the lake
    A few Browns still exist in a couple of the streams (oops Big Secret)
    Dell East created the AC? I think Alan Cole might dispute that, I'm aware of who Dell is but certainly was unaware that he created the AC but there are a lot of rumors out there about those guys and I certainly don't want to get into that! And yes there are browns in the streams above but low water years have pushed them higher and since there are no annual creeks in these draught years the browns have absolutely zero chance of reestablishing, although I did catch a brown out of Silverwood not more than 3 or 4 years ago.

Silverwood used to be one of the best Crappie fisheries in SoCal. Big slabs, and good numbers. Stripers messed that up.

your right Funny things happen when you get older with your mind....LOL
    it was Cole

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Dell East created the AC? I think Alan Cole might dispute that, I'm aware of who Dell is but certainly was unaware that he created the AC but there are a lot of rumors out there about those guys and I certainly don't want to get into that! And yes there are browns in the streams above but low water years have pushed them higher and since there are no annual creeks in these draught years the browns have absolutely zero chance of reestablishing, although I did catch a brown out of Silverwood not more than 3 or 4 years ago.

well the Stripers are eating machines
    I am not so sure they are well suited to smaller inland lakes
    But their is no way of Keeping them out.
    Might as well learn to catch them and enjoy them
    I hope they never get planted in Isabella
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tree View Post
    HAHA! It was good to meet you guys on the water. My Mike Iaconelli yelling impressions were pretty hilarious I bet :P
    We both were dying when you were yelling "What the *****!?!?!?!?!?". Maybe we'll see you guys out there again!

I remember when Lake Perris had brown trout and also a great spotted bass fishery. I believe the introduction of largemouth wiped both those fisheries out. Diamond Valley was on the verge of becoming a great trophy trout fishery. Me and my friends caught huge trout up to 11 pounds while fishing for bass in DVL. But stripers took care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Stripers ruined a Once thriving Giant Bass Population at Castaic lake By eating all the forge the bass eats.
    Castaic was a premier HUGE Bass lake until the Stripers got in.
    Large Mouth in the 12-18lb class were normal for some and a couple over 20 were caught
    Stripers Do impact the Large mouth fishing in a Negitive way.
    it only took 4 years to Ruin a Once world class Bass fishery like Castaic
    Great post!!!! In the early 1990's, I use to fish with the a bunch of guy's who swore there was a handful of World Record bass in Castaic. One of them even sold me a bass boat. The stripers get in there and now my boat lives up at lake Isabella.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-23-2013 at 10:24 AM.

I have a friend that fished Perris this past Wednesday and he caught a striper that was about 2 1/2 pounds, not a monster by any stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    I have a friend that fished Perris this past Wednesday and he caught a striper that was about 2 1/2 pounds, not a monster by any stretch
    Heres the little guy I caught this past wednesday. Schoolie just under 2lbs. That can only mean there's more of these guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1231664_611118885621313_972240813_n.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	42396

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast