Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 21.4 LB Striper caught at Lake Perris 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I have not but I think I need to take the fly rod out the next time I go and try it.
    You won't regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by Flipage View Post
    I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone because this is my first post AND I'm the guy driving the other boat with the umbrellas while my brother was taking pics. Being on camera really does add pounds! It was also a slow day for us (one at the trench with the old-school Brass n' Glass'd Roboworm and another with a black rooster-tail at the tires) but we totally agree that seeing that striper truly was invigorating! Glad to have shared it with you guys!
    HAHA! It was good to meet you guys on the water. My Mike Iaconelli yelling impressions were pretty hilarious I bet :P

Your ike was totally cool

I personally think the stripers don't hurt the largemouth fishing and sometimes make it better. Castaic, Silverwood, Havasu. Mead, Skinner all have tons of stripers and fantastic largemouth fishing. The stripers thin out the bait population and make the largemouth easier to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbass View Post
    I personally think the stripers don't hurt the largemouth fishing and sometimes make it better. Castaic, Silverwood, Havasu. Mead, Skinner all have tons of stripers and fantastic largemouth fishing. The stripers thin out the bait population and make the largemouth easier to catch.
    Stripers ruined a Once thriving Giant Bass Population at Castaic lake By eating all the forge the bass eats.
    Castaic was a premier HUGE Bass lake until the Stripers got in.
    Large Mouth in the 12-18lb class were normal for some and a couple over 20 were caught
    Stripers Do impact the Large mouth fishing in a Negitive way.
    it only took 4 years to Ruin a Once world class Bass fishery like Castaic

Tom you can add Silverwood Lake to the list that the stripers have killed trophy fishing in. Silverwood Lake was once the premier Brown Trout fishing spot in So Cal.

Stripers also wiped out the trophy trout fishery at Willow Beach as well as DVL. But as far as Largemouth bass fisheries, skinner, mead, havasu, silverwood, Castaic all have great largemouth fishing, and the smallmouth fishing in havasu is fantastic. as far as Castaic, the big stripers wipe out the trout plants which were the reason the Largemouth were so big in Castaic back in the 80's. The stripers may effect the size the largemouth grow in some lakes, but not the quality of numbers caught. I have been fishing these lakes for 40 years and I get as many bites or more per day fishing for largemouth as I did before stripers were introduced into these lakes.

kill them all death to stripers

I was in a float tube about fifty yards from you guys, seems you were all having fun

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Tom you can add Silverwood Lake to the list that the stripers have killed trophy fishing in. Silverwood Lake was once the premier Brown Trout fishing spot in So Cal.
    Ok I was not fishing Silverwood back in the heyday but from what I thought I understood was that the brown population was obliterated by the lake drawdown. I'm not sure how stripy would devastate fish that were as large as the trophy browns were back in the day, I'd think the browns kind of just died off natutally (no major spawns) or were killed off by the lake drawdown.

But I sure wish they'd try it again and plant browns like they do at DVL and last year Gregory, oh and if they do MOVE THE DAMN PLANTS AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast