Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 21.4 LB Striper caught at Lake Perris 8/18

Now the question begs where did he come from. Are they spawning or did it make the wild ride from Silverwood. So many questions so few answers.

Wow Now that means we are getting some Silverwood stripers coming in again......The flood gates are Open....LOL
    Well I guess i better learn to fish for them.
    Tom

I'm guessing these fish were accidental catches so what baits were they landed on? Any info?

There is always an influx of Striper whenever they raise the water level at Perris. They raised the water a bit over the last month which in turn brought in some Striper... They don't spawn at Perris.. But there are actually more Striper in there then people think.. They are just rarely targeted so we don't see a lot coming out. We've dropped cameras by the pipes at the trench and seen a lot of Striper down there..thats a fact. No worries though of them reproducing and Perris turning into another DVL or Castaic...IMHO.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    There is always an influx of Striper whenever they raise the water level at Perris. They raised the water a bit over the last month which in turn brought in some Striper... They don't spawn at Perris.. But there are actually more Striper in there then people think.. They are just rarely targeted so we don't see a lot coming out. We've dropped cameras by the pipes at the trench and seen a lot of Striper down there..thats a fact. No worries though of them reproducing and Perris turning into another DVL or Castaic...IMHO.

Pete
    Yeah, sounds like Pete's right. From their facebook page post: "Lake Perris State Recreation Area: A few still swim here. About 4 years ago some came in from silverwood when gates were removed when they were performing maintenance. (estimated 100-200) These fish do not reproduce in Perris and eventually will be caught out. Maybe 40-60 still live in the lake."

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Dell East created the AC? I think Alan Cole might dispute that, I'm aware of who Dell is but certainly was unaware that he created the AC but there are a lot of rumors out there about those guys and I certainly don't want to get into that! And yes there are browns in the streams above but low water years have pushed them higher and since there are no annual creeks in these draught years the browns have absolutely zero chance of reestablishing, although I did catch a brown out of Silverwood not more than 3 or 4 years ago.
    If you ask Alan Cole he invented fishing

Quote Originally Posted by nolivebait4bass View Post
    If you ask Alan Cole he invented fishing
    And the greatest lure of all time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345