Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First time targeting catfish

Default First time targeting catfish

I Hit up irvine today with my little brother and mom. Started at the flats for around a hour and a half with out a bite , probably due to the weeds that i kept getting stuck on.
    My little brother then started to complain about not catching anything so we went to the kids lagoon. Saw mitz there, talked to him for a little, Nice guy. anyway used a 2/0 J hook with one rod bite on mac(mac didnt stay on good) one with shrimp, and the last one with inflated night crawler.
    First fish was caught on the C-rig with nightcrawler, Was around 2 1/2 pounds , released it cause it was lip hooked.
    After that i put on another worm ... 20 mins later we got a double , they bit the rod with worm and the rod with the shrimp, Broke off on the rod with the worm. (only 6 pound test, or might be 4 pound , i forgot what i spooled on it)
    we kept it cause it swallowed it, was around 3 pounds .
    After that cat the bite slowed down, but caught 4 more on shrimp within the next 3 hours.
    All were caught around 20-30 feet out from shore.
    Sorry for the lame report haha.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catf.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	42334

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(4).jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	42335

Thanks for the report not bad for first time catfishing glad you cought some fish

Glad to hear you got the little bro on some fish!

Thanks guys !
    @pitman my little bro is the one usually catching the big fish, caught 7 pound bass in florida in my Grandpas pond
    and a 15 pound trout at SARL before, all on his 10$ kids pole haha