Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Schiff: 2/3 of America to Lose Everything Because of This Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    Just for the record, we aren't descended from monkeys or apes. We diverged from monkeys long, long ago. More recently we diverged from the apes. We shared a common ancestor with apes millions of years ago. Chimps are our closest relatives alive today. As for us humans, we are recent arrivals as a species. We only diverged from one of the hominids preceding us between 70,000-120,000 years ago. So, from an evolutionary standpoint, we are all cousins, literally. By the way, Darwin didn't prove evolution. Evolution is a fact. He hypothesized on how evolution works i.e the origin of species. He essentially got it right. There have been minor modifications over time as we learn finer details. That sums it up nicely...
    Pcuser, a clarification: the process of evolution is indeed a fact, but evolution through natural selection, particularly as it relates to human existence, is still theoretical. There is compelling evidence to support it, and little-to-no evidence to support a counter-argument, but it still remains just that - a theory.

It is a theory I happen to believe in, but for your sake you should make the distinction, lest the sharks come along and gobble you up.

Just for the record, we aren't descended from monkeys or apes. We diverged from monkeys long, long ago. More recently we diverged from the apes. We shared a common ancestor with apes millions of years ago. Chimps are our closest relatives alive today. As for us humans, we are recent arrivals as a species. We only diverged from one of the hominids preceding us between 70,000-120,000 years ago. So, from an evolutionary standpoint, we are all cousins, literally. By the way, Darwin didn't prove evolution. Evolution is a fact. He hypothesized on how evolution works i.e the origin of species. He essentially got it right. There have been minor modifications over time as we learn finer details. That sums it up nicely...
    OH WOW THANK'S FOR THE LESSON!

Next time I try evolution vs. creationism humor I will make sure and place a caveat to make sure all the liberals understand it's just me being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Pcuser, a clarification: the process of evolution is indeed a fact, but evolution through natural selection, particularly as it relates to human existence, is still theoretical. There is compelling evidence to support it, and little-to-no evidence to support a counter-argument, but it still remains just that - a theory.

It is a theory I happen to believe in, but for your sake you should make the distinction, lest the sharks come along and gobble you up.
    That's what I said. I guess for some on this board, they can't read between the lines. Thus the need for your specific clarification...

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post

Next time I try evolution vs. creationism humor I will make sure and place a caveat to make sure all the liberals understand it's just me being silly.
    I and others understood you were being humorous. There are people who have a knee jerk reaction to evolution vs. creationism who would miss the humor go and straight to the argument...

I and others understood you were being humorous. There are people who have a knee jerk reaction to evolution vs. creationism who would miss the humor go and straight to the argument...
    I think you fit that category....

I think you fit that category....
    Perhaps...

Seal, that's funny you should mention that. My friends tell me I don't understand Sarcasm. The reason I don't understand Sarcasm is, because I seen people do and say so many dumb things in my life. I just sort of expect people to act that way.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930