Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outer Banks Bluefin Tuna and Yellowtail 8-10 (video)

Man you brought a big smile when i checked this post out at work.one handed gaff was awesome

Corey, I saw your post this morning at work but couldn't watch the entire video so I had to wait to get home and take it all in. I talke to Trolly about it my entire drive from downtown L.A. to H.B. I just got done watching and it was an awesome peice of work. My hats off to the Reel Bros. teamwork!

Keep the video reports coming!
    Last edited by PONTOON; 08-15-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    That's some awesome fishing there Corey. Just watching that video wore me out.
    Thank you Ron ! You work harder at the Stripers then I do at the tuna's !

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    Nice vid corey how do you guys hook your bait? Nostril to nostril or mouth out through the nostril?
    When we come to a Kelp patty or long drift we hook our Sardines or Mackeral in the Nostrils ! If I see the fish deeper on the meter, we butt hook them !

Butt hooking your bait sends them straight down ! Never hook your Sardines from the mouth ! They are filter feeders and need there mouth open to breath !

Thank you Perris_Holic

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerbub View Post
    Another great video... Really enjoy watching the trips you post up. Hope to see you on the water one of these days. I like the way you fish. True die hard fisherman!!!
    Thank you Jaggerbub ! Hope to see you on the water someday ! Channel 68, give The Reel Brother a holler !

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    Man you brought a big smile when i checked this post out at work.one handed gaff was awesome
    Thank you very much Trolly ! This is for you ! and the TOON !

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Corey, I saw your post this morning at work but couldn't watch the entire video so I had to wait to get home and take it all in. I talke to Trolly about it my entire drive from downtown L.A. to H.B. I just got done watching and it was an awesome peice of work. My hats off to the Reel Bros. teamwork!

Thank you PONTOON ! There's a little something north here for you ^
    l

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post

This is for you and the Trollmiester !

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Good job out there Corey!
    Quick question, do you ever have the YT swallow your bait whole, then pull the hook with roe attached to it?
    I did it twice, last time I went out, and I have never seen that before.
    Robert
    <><
    Robert ! There are times they eat abbsolutly everything you throw at them ! You hooked stomach contents and dragged it right out ! In all my years fishing I've seen some

weird stomach contents ! During an El Ninyo one year, a Yellowfin Tuna we I caught was stuffed with red crab and one red vine !

Thank You Corey

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Nice ride for an overnighter. Liked the long rods too. A 3rd would have helped alot with all that goes into the plan. Do you get sea sick? Like how you got on your buddy for flooning lol.
    I love the ride, it hauls as-s on the way home ! I take it 150 miles one way ! It's a 30 foot Custom Boston Whaler Conquest with a tuna tower !

I think next season we are going to have a 35 foot Cabo !

Thank You Corey
    Last edited by Hardcor; 08-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Corey, your videos are beyond great viewing and your fishing skills are world class. Many if not most of us strive to be proficient in fishing and most of us only fish one type of water (fresh or saltwater) or a limited species of fish. For many years I was a Trout only fisherman and honed my skills in the Sierra’s on Trout streams and lakes. Only in the last two years did I try Bass (Green Carp) fishing and was hooked, no pun intended and the learning curve has been steep. While my boat is not practical for Striper fishing I had the good fortune to take a trip TO and it was a priceless experience and lesson. You have shown that with hard work one can master many fishing waters and many species both fresh and salt water.
    To be a success in anything in life one must have passion and you have shown that passion and hard work in honing your fishing skills pays great dividends. I look forward to viewing your future posts and hope in the future to meet you in person and put a face with a name, thanks for sharing your adventures.
    I have been very selfish about my Passion of fishing and the outdoors ! I am a lucky man my brothers have joined me in our later years !

Thank you very much ! Follow your passion, life is too short ! I found that out the hard way !

Corey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123