Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outer Banks Bluefin Tuna and Yellowtail 8-10 (video)

Default Outer Banks Bluefin Tuna and Yellowtail 8-10 (video)

When we drove past the Tuna pens at four in the morning, there was all ready over a hundred boats there waiting for gray lite ! We traveled on south to the 238 were I had seen

some water that I liked on the satellite ! When I got rite in the middle of the 238 and the 295 I found a temp break from 66.2 to 67. It was just gray lite as I hit the temp break

and two of the trolling rigs go off ! Two 20 pound Bluefin Tuna come aboard but no bait ! I boxed the area and found Yellowtail on just about every kelp patty we came across.

The bait was really good and green. We caught all our Yellowtail fly lining Sardines. We would make long drifts off the patties hoping for a Bluefin, but all we got was Yellowtail !

We ran from one patty that had mostly 20 and 25 pound Yellowtails on it ! We end the day with 8 nice Yellowtail and 2 little Bluefin Tuna. We released 4 Yellowtail.

It's going to get better !

Corey

Last edited by Hardcor; 08-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Very very nice Corey.

Way to go guys! Glad the Tails grew up and you at least caught some Tuna! Fine job.

Yellows & Blue's made me green with envy.

Reel Bros do it again... Thanx for sharing Corey.

Nice report I love how you got your fish in quick, tossed bait, got the extra trolling in, setup your pole and gaffed his fish all in a matter of a minute or so!! That's how you fish!

YOURE KILLIN ME CORY ,WHERES MY OLD SCHOOL PENN SENATOR AND MY TUNA FEATHERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Very nicely done!

If you ever need a boat ho, let me know lol

*shakka*

That's some awesome fishing there Corey. Just watching that video wore me out.

Nice vid corey how do you guys hook your bait? Nostril to nostril or mouth out through the nostril?

Another great video... Really enjoy watching the trips you post up. Hope to see you on the water one of these days. I like the way you fish. True die hard fisherman!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast