Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: ''Ronnie Kovach'' Ain't Got Nothing On Me.. I Get Mine On The ''FLY'' 8-11-13

Default ''Ronnie Kovach'' Ain't Got Nothing On Me.. I Get Mine On The ''FLY'' 8-11-13

played 21 and bingo @ morongo saturday... notice my fish screen LOL. then KILLED IT @ san diego big bay on sunday on the fly ...chech out the video flat no wind and i got 2 double hook up... I USE 2 FLY SET UP ONLY WHEN THERE IS NO WIND..all fish C-N-R

Nice! Floating line?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    Nice! Floating line?
    tnx. your fishing reports r way cool ....i have 5 set ups for the bay today i used my 8w 350g SH sinking line and my 6w 250g sinking tip ..WHEN IS WINDY i use my 9w 400g SH BUT WHEN IS REAL WINDY an the tide is real fast i use my 10w 900g ...that i use @ catalina @ 90' lol. that thing sinks faaaassssttt...

Very cool Doc! Love the two-for. Sounds like some fun times...win, win all the way around!

Don

PS - very cool of you to extend that invite to take people out there too!
    Last edited by bachiboy; 08-11-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLYFISHING MD View Post
    tnx. your fishing reports r way cool ....i have 5 set ups for the bay today i used my 8w 350g SH sinking line and my 6w 250g sinking tip ..WHEN IS WINDY i use my 9w 400g SH BUT WHEN IS REAL WINDY an the tide is real fast i use my 10w 900g ...that i use @ catalina @ 90' lol. that thing sinks faaaassssttt...
    Thanks for the info and the comment! To be honest, I have very little experience in saltwater fishing, but I was blessed with good catching. I used a heavier line to catch jacksmelt with a Tenkara rod. And it was my first time catching rockfish, they were bitting good from 5-8pm (especially when the sun was going down). I like your foot paddle kayak. I have a regular 10' fishing kayak (hand paddle), and it can be tiring after a while. What is the length of your kayak? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    Thanks for the info and the comment! To be honest, I have very little experience in saltwater fishing, but I was blessed with good catching. I used a heavier line to catch jacksmelt with a Tenkara rod. And it was my first time catching rockfish, they were bitting good from 5-8pm (especially when the sun was going down). I like your foot paddle kayak. I have a regular 10' fishing kayak (hand paddle), and it can be tiring after a while. What is the length of your kayak? Thanks in advance!
    Mine is 13' revolution but they make a 11' I love mine because your hands r free to flyfish lol.

Been trying to do some bay fishing lately with the fly. I was wondering how you fish those clousers. Do you troll around or strip? And how fast? I use a 6 weight with full sink, but have only caught a few fish in the bay. Also, not sure if my fly is staying on the bottom (12 feet or less of water). Any tips are appreciated. thank you

VERY NICE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sick job on the fly, ronnie kovach doesnt have anything on anyone with his 30 minute infomercial

Ronnie who? Makes me want to break out my 8wt fly rod that's been collecting dust in the garage. Good stuff.