Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Newport Harbor 8-10-2013

Default Newport Harbor 8-10-2013

I hit Newport harbor yesterday in the tube thanks to a late night Friday night i got a much later start then i wanted to.

after about an hour and half of trying to find a halibut and only anther hour and a half before i had to leave for Irvine lake for the catfish co-op4 i decided it was time to give the spotties some attention

all fish were caught on Fool's Bait Co Hawg Seekers in the Jack-O-Lanter and Female Ghost Shrimp colors

first fish of the the day was a 14" hard fighter

the next one was a little on the smaller sized but very scrappy

then the size got better again this one was 10"

and then the last fish of the day before turning in to load up was also on the smaller size but one of those fish where you look at a spot and you say to your self there should be a fish there and what do you know there was one. Lol so i guess you can say this fish has read the book also

I love spotted bay bass. If I'm ever getting skunked in the surf I just hit the bay and dropshot. Excellent fighters and ALWAYS hungry! Nice pics.

Nice job switching things up and getting the spots! Great report and picts. Thanks for sharing!

Don

thanks guys!!! i think im getting addicted to the spotties they pull so hard for there size is awesome