Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Convict Lake, Rock Creek Lake and Robinson Creek

Default Convict Lake, Rock Creek Lake and Robinson Creek

After much debate (thanks to all who replied to my post) my family and I decided to once again hit the eastern sierras. Reserved a site at Convict Lake campground for a couple of nights beginning last friday and then five more at Robinson Creek campground in Bridgeport. We arrived at Convict Lake on Friday about 2pm and I was amazed at the amount of smoke in the area. From the marina you were not able to see inlet area. As for the fishing, my kids were only interested in fishing the creek and we managed to pull out 6 stockers in about an hour using salmon eggs. The next day we headed up to smoke free Rock Creek Lake but we found surprisingly slow fishing but managed 7 more stockers in about 3 hours. The only bait that got any action was the good ole' inflated n/c on a 3 foot leader. Sunday morning we broke down our camp and drove up to Robinson Creek campground. We ended up staying just four nights but we had a blast. The kids seemed more interested in using the creek to swim in rather than fish but when they were interested, we averaged about 3 or 4 fish an hour on crawlers or salmon eggs drifted into any of the deeper holes in the creek. I didn't do much fishing myself but enjoyed watching my two boys (6/7) have a blast casting and landing their own fish. I was proud to see them doing it but also kind of sad knowing that they are growing up too fast and that these days won't last forever.
    Last edited by chappy23us; 08-08-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Nope ... they won't last forever ... but they'll be remembered ... and may have a similar reoccurrence with your grandkids? Thanks, dad