Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: kern river info

Default kern river info

Anybody have any info on the upper kern i was there 2 weeks ago and the water was muddy? Didnt catch anything any info thanks..

Where were you? I have never seen it muddy, always been clear from Kernville up to Johnsondale Bridge. But I have not been able to make it up there this summer and I have heard it is pretty low.

I was there 2 weeks ago and the water didn't seem muddy. Yes the waters are low and actually very low. Did you try hitting different spots and looking for some pools? Or possibly even fishing Lake Isabella? Just have to stay away from the dam where all the seadoos are.

I always start fishing from mcnallys then go up and fish all the pools to johnsondale bridge. the water was muddy. i was just wondering if it was still muddy? I dont usually fish the lake becase of the wind.

The LAKE is at it's lowest since I have been there. Lake is only 1/5th full this year. People that live in that area are taking their boats to the Colorado River this year. OH YEA, I have been going there on a regular basis since 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by flybynight View Post
    The LAKE is at it's lowest since I have been there. Lake is only 1/5th full this year. People that live in that area are taking their boats to the Colorado River this year. OH YEA, I have been going there on a regular basis since 1980.

This is lake Isabella Low Guys 1972

Tom