Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood jailbirds on death row 08.04.13

Default Silverwood jailbirds on death row 08.04.13

Got on it early, 2nd boat in the water and started trolling Millers right away. After a few short bites, finally got a 15" to stick after an hour and a half. Left for Chamise and boy was that the right call. Landed 8 in about a half hour plus lost a couple at the boat. Final tally by 11am was 15 boated, 4 lost trying to flip them in without a net all between 13-15" except for one baby. My first striper limit ever and the fact that I did it all on the troll just makes it that much sweeter.
    Didn't see much action happening at the inlet, the 5 or 6 boats there had a couple stringers with some micros but nothing wide open like the trolling was! Not too much traffic on the lake too, it was a little windy right off the bat and it got windier by 10. There's definitely bigger ones to be had on the troll vs. chucking cut bait at the buoy line, oh the ranger was chasing boats off the line too but I didn't see any tickets issued. Beautiful sunny day under 90 degrees, glad I didn't spend the day indoors! Thanks for reading, go out there and get some.

JAG, thanks for the report were you flat line trolling? I just put trim tabs on the boat so waiting for the 5200 to dry takes 48 hours so maybe get back out there Thursday.
    Nice job on the slay....

Way to slay on the troll up in Silverwood, we got are arse handed to us at DV trolling yesterday. Was hoping the afternoon wind bite would get the bite in gear. Do you meter bait when or about you get strikes? We found bait above 40' yesterday more east than west side. Good job out there.

Nice day Jag ! Thank's for the report ! Did you get a water temp ?

Got all hookups between11-15' in mostly100+ feet of water. Did see some bait but mostly smaller schools.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Got all hookups between11-15' in mostly100+ feet of water. Did see some bait but mostly smaller schools.
    Right on man, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    Nice day Jag ! Thank's for the report ! Did you get a water temp ?
    Pretty consistent at 72.2 all day in chamise and Miller.

Hey Jag congrats on the limit! You still trolling old school 1 lure at a time? J/K!

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hey Jag congrats on the limit! You still trolling old school 1 lure at a time? J/K!
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, Pat. They will not touch the cali rig with 3 hooked flukes. They will not touch the U rig with 6 dummies and 3 hooked flukes. They will crush the hell out of the SINGLE fluke, however! Their teeth shred them and they eat the tails off of them, I went through a bag of 10! Only 2 short bites on bucktails, and I didn't even bother with hardbaits.

Joe, check your PM's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast