Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salton Sea Tilapia

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Ah the mercury problem again! Oh good keep spreading this BS it might keep the crowds down.
    Amen! Amen!

Asianguy, no doubt there's going to be some GREAT fishing this season in the Salton Sea...Fun, fun, fun!!!! Thanks!

If you have a boat take it and make sure you have a hose with you. They have fresh water hookups so you can run thru your motor and wash down your boat. Plus you might see one or two others out there and you only get the big size fish....

What would be the best tackle to use there?
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Yes it is sad what happened to the sea but for me I still love being on the water there in my boat it is not like being on the shore it is Beautiful and peace full at the right times of the year.
    Not trying to convince any body else just what I enjoy once a year and will do for me not anybody else. Plus ice chest full of fish that we have for our yearly cook out and everybody knows were they came from and ask every year you are going down there. There is good in almost everything if you look in the right spots.

I was down there last Saturday. Saw only two guys fishing in the State Park HQ, from the jetty. They had a 5 gallon bucket filled with big tilapia. Four pound test and cut nightcrawlers. That'll do it. This is just the start. It will get better until the really hot weather arrives.

WHOA, RTG...that's great to hear that...I remember a couple of years ago while stroling through the northend-the action had starged some time in February...Now I HAVE to try it! Thanks for the update!
    I'll stop by OBSIDIAN BUTTE on saturday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by troutmada View Post
    What would be the best tackle to use there?
    When fishing in the boat we use #6 to #8 line with 3/8 weight on the bottom and 2 #8 hooks on the line first hook about 12" up from the weight and second one about 12" up from the first one. Half a night crawler on each hook if you use a fish finder the screen will almost be black with fish we just drift thru them bite with in 5 minutes when in the right spots. Working on boat now when ready to go will post up here to give a update.

I should have said bite within 1 minute.
    Last edited by drifter023; 02-14-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123