Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/26 Rain Glass Humidity Mr Stripey

Not worth starting a new thread , but just a fallow up on your trip and report Vince . Today went out for 8 hrs. trolling and caught 2 stripers [ 5.50lb and and little one at 2.50 lbs.] early on close to shore and went for three hours for nothing but got hooked up and lost a bigger fish , ha . and then hooked up to 2 LMB in deeper water . The stripers were full of LITTLE fish not sure which kind thou . Fish were caught at 25-30 ft. and saw little groups here and there as deep as 80 ft. // fun day for my first troll of the summer . // db

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    Not worth starting a new thread , but just a fallow up on your trip and report Vince . Today went out for 8 hrs. trolling and caught 2 stripers [ 5.50lb and and little one at 2.50 lbs.] early on close to shore and went for three hours for nothing but got hooked up and lost a bigger fish , ha . and then hooked up to 2 LMB in deeper water . The stripers were full of LITTLE fish not sure which kind thou . Fish were caught at 25-30 ft. and saw little groups here and there as deep as 80 ft. // fun day for my first troll of the summer . // db
    Nice job Steve. hopefully next trip we all stick those bigger units. I'm hoping to get out this weekend too, and try 1300-1830. WTG on the summer attack-going to get better...leading to SKC3

I may have to go out and troll for them funny looking fish. i have not been out in like 6 months(upgrading the boat, wife dont know why because it is pretty much brand new) and i have not been in the best health. But i do miss seeing all you great people out at the lake. But i still prefer to troll from trout...

To Pete- Great hearing from you. Heard you were slaying at Lake Hemet. It will be good seeing you on the troll at the Jewel. We've got something really cool cooking for those "funny looking fish" coming up in September. Hope you are feeling better and we'll see you on the water..........

pete , capa so !! The good old trout days are long gone but the striper troll is the thing now. The lake is looking good now and the bait fish is better than people realize , the trolling is a wait and see if your stripping a white fly behind 3-5 colors lead line , or maybe trolling a scrounger at 30 ft. early going deeper when the wind picks up . Same lk. just a little more paticence needed to finish the day . // db

Great report, thanks for posting up your troll results, I haven't been out there in over a year and have yet to hook a DVL troll striper but one day that will change! Looks like there are some MUCH better models to be had there compared to the Wood, That's a real nice one you got Vince! What size scrounger head are you using if I may ask? I found that the smaller ones make all the difference at the wood but maybe the bigger heavier ones might produce better at DVL?

pete , capa so !! The good old trout days are long gone but the striper troll is the thing now. The lake is looking good now and the bait fish is better than people realize , the trolling is a wait and see if your stripping a white fly behind 3-5 colors lead line , or maybe trolling a scrounger at 30 ft. early going deeper when the wind picks up . Same lk. just a little more paticence needed to finish the day . // db
    Steve,
    I have something that i have think will kill them damned striper, it did in a smaller version at Skinner. The trout up at hemet love it just much, much smaller and green, blue or orange. how do you think my 9 and 10 foot 5wt fly rod blank trolling rods would hold up?? ....lol

Quote Originally Posted by pwynn View Post
    I may have to go out and troll for them funny looking fish. i have not been out in like 6 months(upgrading the boat, wife dont know why because it is pretty much brand new) and i have not been in the best health. But i do miss seeing all you great people out at the lake. But i still prefer to troll from trout...
    Great to hear from you Pete, and I hope your health gets better soon so you can utilized that upgraded boat and get back out to slaying fish.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Great report, thanks for posting up your troll results, I haven't been out there in over a year and have yet to hook a DVL troll striper but one day that will change! Looks like there are some MUCH better models to be had there compared to the Wood, That's a real nice one you got Vince! What size scrounger head are you using if I may ask? I found that the smaller ones make all the difference at the wood but maybe the bigger heavier ones might produce better at DVL?
    Thanks Jag, mostly I like using the medium bills but then again I have got em on the smaller bills too. When I stack on the DR, I have mixed it up with med running deeper and vice versa... I getem at Last Chance the lucky strikes 1/4oz, see ya on the water.

Gave it 5 hours trolling today with a bad attitude , ha [ going back to work from vac. tomarrow] just really cruising around old spots [ second time this year ] but noticed the fish were really deep or not there at all . Pete , you might wanna bring your trout gear out as I caught and landed a 4.25 lb . holdover trout in the west end today, fought really good , thought it was a striper but it never gave up the fight as a striper does when it gets tired . Wter temp. 79 deg. air temp. at about 98-100 deg. I got pics of trout but where after stripers , ha // db

Gave it 5 hours trolling today with a bad attitude , ha [ going back to work from vac. tomarrow] just really cruising around old spots [ second time this year ] but noticed the fish were really deep or not there at all . Pete , you might wanna bring your trout gear out as I caught and landed a 4.25 lb . holdover trout in the west end today, fought really good , thought it was a striper but it never gave up the fight as a striper does when it gets tired . Wter temp. 79 deg. air temp. at about 98-100 deg. I got pics of trout but where after stripers , ha // db
    Yah Steve! In the heat of the summer - Mr. bigtail comes around, only at DV. Got to love the Jewel..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12