Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recently retired from SoCal

Default Recently retired from SoCal

Hi all- I'm glad I found this forum. I've already learned a lot after just a few hours of reading.

I retired in June and my retirement plan has always been to fish and fish some more. I've been a freshwater spin dude most of my life with the exception of few deep sea, surf and fly fishing trips. I'd really like to spend more time working on my fly casting and surf fishing.

This weekend I'm headed to Lake Sabrina for a few days and then heading to Eagle Lake and the Lassen area at the end of August.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning from you.

Your not going to be happy with what you find at Sabrina.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS%207-29-13%20LS%20LR.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	42218

Yeah- I heard it's shallow - maybe I shoulda said "The Bishop area". Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hey no problem didn't want ya to have a surprise, Sabrina is one of my favorites and I have a pic of it as a screen saver on my PC (pic was at full pool).. Try North Lake, Intake II, Pleasant Valley Res. The Upper Owens is going off right now and the Lower Owens is great now also if ya can take the heat. Best of luck. Special regs on the Upper Owens.

Again- thanks. I just looked up Sabrina on the web- wow.

I'd like to try Intake II. Been to North Lake a few times. I've never fished Pleasant Valley. Yep- it's says it's gonna be HOT in Bishop best week. Do any of the creeks look good up there? Appreciate the tips!

Middle fork of the San Joaquin river is very good right now and is a freestone creek with nice trout in it for fly fishing (attractor and adult dry fly patterns in size 14-16).

Excellent! Thanks to you I've already been on the phone with my fishing buddies to let them know what's happening with Sabrina. Wow! This forum is already paying off!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestDude View Post
    Excellent! Thanks to you I've already been on the phone with my fishing buddies to let them know what's happening with Sabrina. Wow! This forum is already paying off!
    Great send me $5, I don't make house calls. lol

Tell ya what- if I catch a load of fish I'll gladly pay lol!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestDude View Post
    Tell ya what- if I catch a load of fish I'll gladly pay lol!
    Catch and release some so I can catch some when I go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast