Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stripers in the lagoon?

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Its too shallow and not enough oxy ,just like the small lakes they put trout in then they die ,,because its not deep enough,and not enough current,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    So bob, do you think that any that might make it down there would perish quickly or do you think that they might make it for a season... A few months? Do you think that any of those reports of a single fish might have something?

Its too shallow and not enough oxy ,just like the small lakes they put trout in then they die ,,because its not deep enough,and not enough current,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Stripers are not trout lol. The AV duct is only 12'-14' deep and that's only like 6' of it in the middle and the water gets piss warm in it and they survive just fine. There were years where it was shut down completely due to the stupid smelt and the water really got piss warm then and they still survived that time too with no flow. The cement gets way hotter and heats the duct more and faster than a lake like the lagoon. As far as I know, stripers can tolerate water temps to 90 degrees. The dissolved oxygen under 2 mg/l is not too suitable for stripers though . Trout need like 5 mg/l and lmb can survive at 1 mg/l. Does anyone know the DO (dissolved oxygen) level of the lagoon in the summer? That might help? I do know that stripers are way more hardy than trout so the trout comparison was not even relative.
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    But stripers don't spawn in lakes, that's what I heard.
    Haha. I love that one too. Heck yeah they spawn in some SoCal resi's.

the aqua duct flows the goon doesnt,,,,,,,,,,,

the aqua duct flows the goon doesnt,,,,,,,,,,,
    I specifically wrote that there were summers when it didn't flow. I thought I made it pretty clear because I already knew the next reply would be the above lol. Even with no flow if the DO is above 2 mg/L a striper has a chance to make it and live and adapt.

Does the lagoon discharge water at all? If it does then by state law it has to discharge water that is minimum 5 mg/L DO.

The Aquaduct has siphones that are much deeper than 15ft and even with no flow the wind over the surface of those long distances will cause signicant circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    The Aquaduct has siphones that are much deeper than 15ft and even with no flow the wind over the surface of those long distances will cause signicant circulation.
    Not all sections have siphon access when shut down. Lake gets wind too. We're really disecting things now. Bottom line, is the DO less than 2 mg/L for any prolonged period of time to kill what few might be in there?

Then just head on down there catch some stripers and prove that they are there,,,then all of disbeleavers will be proved wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Then just head on down there catch some stripers and prove that they are there,,,then all of disbeleavers will be proved wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Its been done twice already,recently. Check the link to ZeroLimitFishing.

I find it hilarious that all the people supporting the goon striper hoax vomit insults left and right.

Then when they run out of explanations, they go and post a pic of a LMB they caught. funny

Don't fish lakes but a couple times a year and I sure don't fish the lagoon. If I wanted to find the needle in a haystack I would much rather go yank another striper out of the Hesperia duct section. Let's suppose I even caught one out of the lagoon, it wouldn't matter cause it would not be believed. You are the lake guide. I'm sure if anyone can get it done you can. I have told you what a lifeguard I knew that worked there saw. I didn't see it with my own eyes but why would he lie? I posted some numbers on what extreme conditions stripers can barely survive in and it's pretty close to the conditions there. Is it suitable for a bunch to thrive, obviously no but can a few make it throughout the years? I can see it happening. Still a needle in a haystack but possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast