Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood Report 7-22 limits of Dinky Stripers,Broken Loomis,cutbait,Bad video

Default Silverwood Report 7-22 limits of Dinky Stripers,Broken Loomis,cutbait,Bad video

I had fresh Sardines left over from my Yellowtail trip with the Brothers on Friday. See (The Reel Brothers Presents Yellowtail Kelp Patty) So I thought I'd give them a try at

Silverwood ! It was a Dinkfest ! The water was greem with algae, There were Weed patties bigger then the Kelp Patties I saw out in the ocean ! Really hard to troll ! I got limits

of Dinks and Broke my favorite 4 pound loomis rod . And cutbait would not leave me alone ! He made me start trolling to hide from him but it didn't work ! It's a really bad video

so don't watch it !

PS My Loomis rod broke right were my wife hit it on my T-Top when she set the hook !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stop laughing cutbait !
    PS When I told my wife I broke my favorite Loomis rod and that it was her fault, She turned away as if she was mad ! But I could see her laughing in the mirror as she walked away !
    PS Stop Laughing cutbait !

Last edited by Hardcor; 07-23-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Man Core! I thought the stripers at Skinner were a little small this year! When you said dinks you meant it.

10" is a monster right now in most spots. Give it a month, hopefully less. Sorry your wife broke your rod (there's gotta be a joke there somewhere?).

Literally "O SNAP!" Sucks to hear it broke your G. Loomis rod but there are few times I'm hesitant to bust out the trout rod just because those Stripers will bite it and run away with your bait.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Man Core! I thought the stripers at Skinner were a little small this year! When you said dinks you meant it.
    When the water is running into the lake, no matter what time of year you can get a decent size Striper ! Turn that water off and it becomes a Dinkfest !

The water was running a week ago and we got a bunch of these !

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    10" is a monster right now in most spots. Give it a month, hopefully less. Sorry your wife broke your rod (there's gotta be a joke there somewhere?).
    seal ! give it a month or tomarrow ! When they turn that water on, it spurs all the fish not just the Stripers ! But the Stripers really turn on ! Do your home work and find the web site that

lets us know when the water is turned on and I'll give you a full day fishing, you choose what boat and where all on me ! ! ! Now watch the eddy that's running in the back of me in this video !

When you see this ! It means games on !

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides View Post
    Literally "O SNAP!" Sucks to hear it broke your G. Loomis rod but there are few times I'm hesitant to bust out the trout rod just because those Stripers will bite it and run away with your bait.
    It's all ready in the mail to Loomis ! Loomis is not only my favorite fresh water rods, But Loomis has never failed to send a new rod no questions asked !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    seal ! give it a month or tomarrow ! When they turn that water on, it spurs all the fish not just the Stripers ! But the Stripers really turn on ! Do your home work and find the web site that

lets us know when the water is turned on and I'll give you a full day fishing, you choose what boat and where all on me ! ! ! Now watch the eddy that's running in the back of me in this video !

When you see this ! It means games on !

Thanks! I know the website haven't been on it in a while, MasterBaiter1 (or better known as Yolo, lol) the duct master clued me into it quite a while back. Really don't check it much though since I'm there most days I kinda know when the water is running, more curious when the water is shut off to see if they are doing work on the duct. It definitely has an impact in a couple of spots but I've been too busy to bust out the yak and take a paddle down there.

I will definitely take you up on that offer, very generous! Maybe when the lake lice and crazy boaters pack it in for the fall. I've been seeing some real crazy crap going on this year, poor Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Thanks! I know the website haven't been on it in a while, MasterBaiter1 (or better known as Yolo, lol) the duct master clued me into it quite a while back. Really don't check it much though since I'm there most days I kinda know when the water is running, more curious when the water is shut off to see if they are doing work on the duct. It definitely has an impact in a couple of spots but I've been too busy to bust out the yak and take a paddle down there.

I will definitely take you up on that offer, very generous! Maybe when the lake lice and crazy boaters pack it in for the fall. I've been seeing some real crazy crap going on this year, poor Rangers.
    http://www.water.ca.gov/swp/operatio...rojectwide.cfm Click on "dispatchers daily water reports" for the previous day or days report. It is not live update but prior day. It usually updates by 5am for the prior day.

Thanks for the report, all I've found are dinks at the inlet, the real toads (1-3 lbs lol) have been closer to the dock. Hey the rangers don't give you crap about being on the buoy line? I got yelled at for resting on it (NOT tied), geez don't they have skiers and drunk jet boaters to chase down?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast