Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish bait?

Default Fish bait?

I wonder how they would be. I live in Riverside and these green guys are just every where in my backyard, I have never seen so many at one time. Heck they are in my dogs swimming pool and eating our peach tree fruit.Attachment 42080Attachment 42081

June Bugs. I remember as a kid we use to catch them and scare the girls with them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    June Bugs. I remember as a kid we use to catch them and scare the girls with them. lol
    Don't think it was the June Bugs that were scaring them, Devo.....

Naw we weren't even close to them when the scarin' happened. We put um in their lunch boxes at recess, and in those days the guys and gals did not sit together at lunch time. Lunch time was great watchin' them open the lunch boxes. It was another time as you rode your bike or walked to school, no Scoccer Mom's takin' their kids to school and making the traffic jamb from double hockey sticks in front of every school. A different time, today you would be charged with bullying or making a terrorist threat.

Naw we weren't even close to them when the scarin' happened. We put um in their lunch boxes at recess, and in those days the guys and gals did not sit together at lunch time. Lunch time was great watchin' them open the lunch boxes. It was another time as you rode your bike or walked to school, no Scoccer Mom's takin' their kids to school and making the traffic jamb from double hockey sticks in front of every school. A different time, today you would be charged with bullying or making a terrorist threat.
    Delusional paranoia...

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I wonder how they would be. I live in Riverside and these green guys are just every where in my backyard, I have never seen so many at one time. Heck they are in my dogs swimming pool and eating our peach tree fruit.Attachment 42080Attachment 42081
    They look like fig eater beetles. They are Cotinis mutabilis, also known as the "green fruit beetle" or "fig beetle", is a member of the scarab beetle family. Figeater beetles are often mistaken for green June beetles (Cotinis nitida) and Japanese beetles (Popillia japonica); however, they do not damage lawns and fruit crops to the same extent as their eastern cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    They look like fig eater beetles. They are Cotinis mutabilis, also known as the "green fruit beetle" or "fig beetle", is a member of the scarab beetle family. Figeater beetles are often mistaken for green June beetles (Cotinis nitida) and Japanese beetles (Popillia japonica); however, they do not damage lawns and fruit crops to the same extent as their eastern cousins.
    Nice Google!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Nice Google!
    I know you believe nothing I say. However, I knew what they were because I have a fig tree in my yard and see them every year. I only used Wikipedia for the technical part of it. So sue me....

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    however, they do not damage lawns and fruit crops to the same extent as their eastern cousins.
    But they sure do scare the chicks when you put them in lunch boxes.

Yep!!! Your the man DEVORE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast