Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show some class..

Default Show some class..

What's up with people? Shore fished the dam today and some guy in tube parks his tube directly in my line of casting..there is absolutely no one along the mile and a half shoreline..but parks in front of me...and this is a grown a_ _ older man...what happened to consideration?

It doesn't exist much today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    It doesn't exist much today.
    I agree! Happens way too much everywhere! If you wouldn't want it done to you, don't do it to others!! IMO

It is much to common now days. People do not care. it is bad enough the skiers can't wait to buzz you while you in the tube....It seems they can't read the pamphlet given to them or READ the signs on the dam that say no Boats within 300ft.
    The lake patrol No longer does any work....they sit and drink coffee. I remember the days when Frosty (old head ranger) really patrolled the lake all day busting boaters. he used to be in the boat at the bouy line when the lake opened.
    The Lake patrol is just plain Lazy
    Now we have tubers who are RUDE. Run right up on your spot or get really close when they see you catch a fish and take over the spot. How do you like the shore fishermen that have to make a cast of 80 ft right next to your tube when you catch a fish ?
    How about the Bass boats that need to run 50-70mph down the dam and make the huge wakes just for the tubers or run the wrong way down the dam on plane...they really need to beak the speed limit to show how big their Johnson is.
    How about the jet skiers ? a Whole story for another day
    How about the low life on holidays that park at the water edge is sail boat cove that have no Disabled sign and when someone disabled drives up that is disabled they have no where to park.
    Last 4th of July i watched a tuber take his kid out for a nice day on the lake with float tubes.......No disabled sign. Great way to show your kids how to break the law

We even have tubers using grandmas disabled pass to park in sail boat cove and they are no where near disabled. I am sure if they were checked that they would not have the proper paper work with them to prove it is there pass
    when i launch at the dam/sail cove i just love the beer cans/water bottles floating in the water every Monday morning.
    Fishermen and the outdoorsmen today have lost all Stream Etiguette. They care about No One but Themselves.
    we could go on and on about this but No USE
    It will not get any better
    I will be moving when the wife retires but i am afraid this is kind of Rude Angler and Outdoorsmen is most every where today
    These is Just a Wasted Words people do not care.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber Boy View Post
    I agree! Happens way too much everywhere! If you wouldn't want it done to you, don't do it to others!! IMO

If some guy in a float tube parks right on your spot, you need to ask him to move over, that he is fishing right where your line is.. It might be a hole or good spot there along the dam..there are a couple of good spots. Still, if he was a decent fisherman, he would say "sorry" and move over a ways.. You could tell him that you hope he doesn't get hit by your sinker..

I'm sure that tuber knew exactly what he was doing. It was probably one of his favorite spots, and figured he could push you out of it. And apparently, that's what happened.

Yeah it's a shame!

I was there Tuesday also. I loved the fact that at about 11:00-12:30 a jet skier kept coming into the "No power boats" zone near the dam & cutting broadies in and around the bouyies with a passenger in tow. He ran out a bass boat that just putted into the area heading to the corner of the dam. Closer examination revealed a Parks Dept emblem on the jet ski & I am pretty sure he was part of the Life Guard Team. Are the rules for everyone but the lake staff? Don't they have all the rest of the lake to blast around on? Why in the area set aside for fishing?

There really appears to be no courtesy anywhere. Of course no respect for human life (6 murders on tv & that was just last night) what makes you think they would respect your fishing space?

My two Lincolns worth.

Goofy4fish

gotta love the respect people have for others huh? my favorite is you get a fish and are un hooking it or pictureing it etc and look up after the relase and you have 8 guys and 3 boats within spitting distance and better yet they ask whatd you get er on!! hahahahah people are priceless

I would have fired a warning shot by ways of casting a big sinker right at him. How does he know you aren't vision impaired lol. Next move would be a lipless crank right past him and then bury it in his tube, have a nice swim to shore butthead hahahahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    gotta love the respect people have for others huh? my favorite is you get a fish and are un hooking it or pictureing it etc and look up after the relase and you have 8 guys and 3 boats within spitting distance and better yet they ask whatd you get er on!! hahahahah people are priceless
    Don't you just love that? Boaters and tubers alike need to be aware of their surroundings and RESPECT other fishermen. I get the feeling that some tubers, not all, think they have the right to bend or break the rules. I try to respect the space all around me and stay out of casting lines!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast