Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-19 Big Yellowtail on the 9 mile bank ( video )

Default 7-19 Big Yellowtail on the 9 mile bank ( video )

The Brothers decided to let the weather come down outside, so we started looking for kelp patties on the upper 9 mile bank in hopes of a kelp patty Yellowtail or a Dorado.

My older Brother Rocky spots the first kelp patty as we are entering the deep water heading to the 182. On the first stop my younger Brother Dick scores first with a nice size Yellowtail

that ate a big Sardine nose hooked on 15 pound line. On the same patty my Brother Rocky hooks a toad Yellowtail on his 15 pound outfit and a nose hooked Sardine. After a good fight

I gaff Rock's 24 pound Yellowtail. Still heading to the 182 Rocky finds the second Kelp patty of the day and this time I'm on first with my 15 pound setup and a nose hooked Sardine. My

fish takes me into the kelp and tangles for a short time before Dick gaffs the third Yellowtail of the day. On the same kelp patty Rocky hooks another toad Yellowtail, a twin to his first.

The weather got really bad going against the grain so we turned for home port San Diego. Two twin 24 pound Yellowtail and two smaller one's all on light line.

Last edited by Hardcor; 07-20-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Good chit HC!!

I can't believe you were fishing with 15lb test. Lol Almost playing with fire if you hook a 40+. But that is the beauty of fishing on your own boat cuz you can always chase it.

Very sweet!

Congrats to the Real Bros.

Very, very nice HC! Gotta love that size, especially on light gear. Loved the little YT dance you gave. Congrats on a great day!

Don
    Last edited by bachiboy; 07-20-2013 at 03:10 PM.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

You guys ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Good chit HC!!

I can't believe you were fishing with 15lb test. Lol Almost playing with fire if you hook a 40+. But that is the beauty of fishing on your own boat cuz you can always chase it.

Very sweet!

Congrats to the Real Bros.
    Thank's Mike ! The youngest Brother has a 45 pounder on 15 and I have a 52 pounder !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004 (1) (1).jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	42007

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Very, very nice HC! Gotta love that size, especially on light gear. Loved the little YT dance you gave. Congrats on a great day!

Don
    Thank you Don ! I still get happy after all these years !

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

You guys ROCK!
    Thank's Big Guy !

i love all your videos! great catch!

Awesome Corey. You guys are the Sensei's of light-lining. Congrats to the 3 of you...

Very very nice indeed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast