Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bbl 7-20-2013

Default Bbl 7-20-2013

Woke early Saturday to lauch at sunrise by B's BBQ and I find H20-Bill setting up. Chat for a bit and hit the Pine Knot jetty. I beat the skunk by about 6:30 with a small LMB (1lb) on a wacky-rigged watermelon senko from the bottom. Had a couple light taps but not much more action. Tried popper and crank bait with nothing. Bill moved toward Miss Liberty and picked up some crappie, then worked the docks. Lost track of him, so not sure how it went. Thanks for fishing together, Bill!!! Nice talking with you!

I picked up a small bass on the fly while hunting crappie (along with a few crappie). Also had a solid hit on a drop-shot-rigged small plastic, but not sure if it was a bold/hungry crappie or a bass.

Moved to the west end to try for trout - no luck. I talked to others and few people were catching. Boaters saw fish marking down to 30', but were having a hard time getting any to bite.

Cheers,

Eric

Default Bbl

Quote Originally Posted by etaggart View Post
    Woke early Saturday to lauch at sunrise by B's BBQ and I find H20-Bill setting up. Chat for a bit and hit the Pine Knot jetty. I beat the skunk by about 6:30 with a small LMB (1lb) on a wacky-rigged watermelon senko from the bottom. Had a couple light taps but not much more action. Tried popper and crank bait with nothing. Bill moved toward Miss Liberty and picked up some crappie, then worked the docks. Lost track of him, so not sure how it went. Thanks for fishing together, Bill!!! Nice talking with you!

I picked up a small bass on the fly while hunting crappie (along with a few crappie). Also had a solid hit on a drop-shot-rigged small plastic, but not sure if it was a bold/hungry crappie or a bass.

Moved to the west end to try for trout - no luck. I talked to others and few people were catching. Boaters saw fish marking down to 30', but were having a hard time getting any to bite.

Cheers,

Eric
    Thanks for the update
    Will finally be up next week
    How were the weeds?

did you see any carp up there? my bow needs blood
    -bb

Hey BB - Yes, as always, LOTS of carp cruising. Go get 'em and make it a blood bath!

Early AM, I've been seeing the carp cruising all around the Pine Knot jetty where I tend to start my day - especially near the jet ski house dock. But they're EVERYWHERE all around the lake!!!

Cheers,

Eric

Eric,

Nice catching up with you again. The fishing was tough, had to work to scratch out a few bass and the crappie. I managed to get three small bass on the way back to B's and a dozen crappie. It's always good to see you and fish with you. I'll be back up there this weekend, probably gonna head to B's again on Saturday morning. If you're up maybe we can do it again.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

Hey Bill - Can't make it this weekend - but I'll be up mid next week through the weekend on my F-in-Law's pontoon w/ the nephews!! We'll try trolling/drifting for trout.

I was planning to go out Sunday morning, but the 3am-4am intense lightning/thunder/rain-storm suggested I should sleep in and enjoy my day off the water.

Cheers-all!! Post-up if you're finding success in the Bear.

Eric