Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/15/07 **FNN BOYZ @ CORONADO'S**

Default 9/15/07 **FNN BOYZ @ CORONADO'S**

Woke up at 2:15AM this morning to meet up with...
    FunJunkie74 (Joe)
    Ymin72 (Mike)
    SOSO FRESH (Danny)
    ChristianMetalHead (Brad)
    LA Smoker (Bob)
    Terry

We met up at Seaforth to fish together on the 3/4 to the Coronado's.
    Boat was the San Diego. 56 anglers total on the boat. Bait was Baby Sardines for chum and med/large Sardines for flyline and dropper loop.

First, we all met up at the landing and signed up. Everyone had coffee at the cafe and I had the ham and eggs (I love that cafe).

Once Boarded and settled in, we played some hold 'em and I destroyed Brad and Terry on the first hand going ALL IN on a King/10 two pair. (Sorry about the smaller King/3 two pair Brad!) But then I eventually lost to LA Smoker.

(Did you have the eight? Huh? Did you have the eight? Huh? Did you have the eight? Huh? --- LOL) Bob won $9.

Anyways, when we get to the islands and the boat engine slows down for the first time... which is an adreneline pumping feeling (as we all know), everyone grabs their sticks and throw for the slide. SOSOFRESH was THE FIRST one of the day to get hit and landed a nice 5 pound Boner using a Lucky Craft silver hardbait. Terry hooked up almost at the same time as Danny and he landed an equally nice Bone using a chartruese 4 inch butterfly with a single golden stinger hook.

The fishing was great today. It's been the norm these last couple of weeks to hear those ugly words... "you should have been here yesterday". You were either getting bumped on jigs or hit on bait. The harsh reality of it set in when you realized there were 55 other guys on the boat. Fishing on the starboard and port stern was pretty ugly. You couldn't wind in without bringing 4 or 5 other lines with yours.

For this reason, I decided to go to the bottom for some rockfish... Lingcod in particular. It took about 3 stops but I finally pulled up a Ling using a 5oz torpedo and a 2/0 ringed owner hook and a plump sardine. Unfortunately it wasn't legal but I was content after landing him.

In total we stopped approx. 8 times around the Islands. Some of the islands were parking lots for party boats and private boats alike. There were about 8-9 YT's landed. The FNN guys gave it our all but just couldn't manage to even get bit. The JP went to a 22 pound YT.

The great news is that Nobody on FNN skunked. All 7 of us had Bonitos or Bass to take home (NICE GRADE). SLATER (Brad) ACTUALLY DIDN'T CATCH A MACKERAL TODAY~!!! The weather and fishing conditions were nice.

Long story short... I'll recap today quickstyle from k3vin_kim's perspective...

Happy to see newcomer SOSOFRESH join us.
    I recieved a banana as a practical joke.
    The weather was great.
    The crew was... Okay (Steve is a good DH)
    Boat was Huge 85+ ft.
    I caught a bird.
    Some guy ate banana's on the boat.
    Bob decapitated a sardine with his teeth.
    A bird crapped on my leg.
    Had many laughs.
    THE END.

total count for k3vin_kim...
    2 Chuckle heads
    2 Bonito
    1 Short Ling
    1 Red Snapper
    1 Seagull

What was the final count for you k3v?

Looks like boners WFO for everyone.

Nice report BTW :thumb:

k3vin_kim,

Thanks for another cool report :) , like how you captured all the key moments on the trip. The jackpot contender picture looked like the winner to me must of been close.. hope to fish with you all sometime soon.

Another random banana guy on board, its like they know. (strange lol.)

Good going on all the fish caught
    Looks like you guys had another great time!

c'mon Krundoh~! read the whole report man. It's the last thing you see b4 you get to the pictures. Anyways, when are you coming out again?

Halo- Thanks dude. How come you haven't fished with us yet? I'll PM my cell so we can hit the salt soon.

9 different species? Maybe 10.
    How should I know? I'm a Wino!

No, wait a minute? I drink beer. And Whiskey. And Tequila. Oh, and also Mead.

Ok, Ok, I also drink wine once in a while too. It doesn't pay to discriminate. :lol:

Nice report! Thanks for the pics. I guess it really is good luck.

One_Leg

Hi K3vin_kim,

Sooo Was the jackpot caught on plastic? j/k San Diego is one of the 'down south' boats I gotta fish .... on a weekday.

Great report and pics. Thanks Great to see FNNers together to fish. As we well know .... just being surrounded by (insane in a good way) sane, honest, friendly anglers MAKES a days' fishing.

When you all retire and I'm only 110 years old we can go fishing together on the weekdays! :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

It was yet another great gathering of fishing junkies!!
    We didn't actually get what we all wanted the most, YT :evil: but I think hanging out with guys that enjoy fishing just as much (or more) and having laughs is a good thing!!

Thanks guys for coming out and making this trip yet another memorable one!!

I hope these casual gatherings will make others want to join us on our ventures out to sea. Please don't hesitate to PM me or Kev if you want to join, there is no "membership" BS, just bring your gear and jump on the boat with us!!

Here are some additional pics.

One of the Coronado Islands...

Another...doesn't the island in the middle look like a whale??

More island pics...

Bird poo-poo island...and praying monk...

Soso gets raped/robbed/and lucky all in one shot...this fish that eventually gets rapped/robbed by a seal was actually hooked on the side by the lure...had he landed it, it would have been a lucky shot by a Lucky Craft lure...

A more subtle picture of peeps eating bananas!! And Terry pretending he is eating a banana...

Blood bath...

Da Boyz...

The carnage..

The results..
    Bradley...

Bobby...

Danny...

Me...

Mike was asleep and we couldn't get his pic...
    Kev was busy taking other peoples' pictures....

And finally, the final outcome of the fishing...DINNER!!

Sashimi, Spicy boney, seaweed salad, okra salad, rice and kimchi soup!

One-leg - you got it. There are 9 species in the pic.
    Bonito
    sheephead
    chucklehead
    red snapper
    lingcod
    sculpin
    whitefish
    Sand Bass
    Calico Bass

You win a bottle of Merlot~!!!

JapanRon... sorry to say but NO the JP was caught on Live bait. I noticed the regs were getting hooked up with the choicest of baits. i.e. small mac's and "hard to catch" Sardines.

Anyways, here are some other pics that I couldn't fit into the post.

Joe. maybe we should think about sporting some 'team 57' shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim
    Joe. maybe we should think about sporting some 'team 57' shirts?

Yeah, I bought a "Legends at the Vine" t-shirt last month and it is preserved as a memory...

We should get some "generic" 57 t-shirts and let those get all bloody, scaly, and fish gut stained, along with the occasional chedder cheese stains from wiping the manos!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast