Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ''warning'' about to start a new'' buff ''' sleeves trend...

Default ''warning'' about to start a new'' buff ''' sleeves trend...

I post about fishing and flyfishing 99.9 % of the time because i dont like drama... but this is my 1%. Im about to order a pair of sun sleeves from SIMMS... i know a lot of u don' t like the sun masks (''buffs'') I was one of them, but now after 3 years of wearing one i will not go without one. I try sunscreen and my neck and face was f..up for a week but with ''buff'' mask the next day my face and neck were ok. when i get my sleeves in the mail I will wear them to catalina for 12 hours and give you a product report. Just so you know i fish 8 to 12 hours every weekend be nice if you see me on the water with my sleeves and mask

They do make long sleeve shirts?

Been doing it for some time actually

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    They do make long sleeve shirts?

Been doing it for some time actually
    I'm thinking short sleeve shirt with SIMMS sleeves maybe cooler????? I wear long sleeve shirts now and they suck... if I stay cooler i can fish longer lol.lol

Introduction: Sun protection is a huge concern that many people take all too lightly. With skin cancer a very real threat, protecting yourself from the sun's harmful rays is something we constantly need to think about. Thankfully, clothing has evolved greatly in recent years, with a big surge of UPF rated apparel flooding the market as awareness grows. Much of the available apparel not only looks very stylish, but is also incredibly comfortable to wear all day long. As one of the leaders in premium quality garments for anglers, Simms has been a big name in the fly fishing world for a long time, and recently they've broken into the Bass fishing scene as well. Carrying a seal of approval from the Skin Cancer Foundation, the Simms SunSleeve arm coverings offer an interesting and innovative way to protect your arms from harsh sunlight. Let's take a look at what makes these garments unique!

Simms Sunsleeve Specifications

Material 93% Polyester / 8% Spandex
    Configuration Long Sleeve
    Sizes Small/Medium, Large/XL
    Colors Stone, Saltwater Trio, Simms Camo, DeYoung Brown Trout, Saltwater Camo.
    UPF Rating UPF 50+
    Features Breathable, quick drying, full sleeve with curved cuff, elastic at bicep.
    MSRP $29.95 (stone) $34.95 (printed)

The sun sleeves + tshirt is a good summer combo. But, make sure the tshirt has some sort of UPF protection, or else you'll come back home with a reverse tank top sun burn.

Also, check out:

http://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/spo...lex-hoody.html

I have never gotten burned under my clothes? But I do have darker skin. Do you guys really get sunburned under clothing (non spf of course)?

Also Mr. Md is it good to completely eliminate all exposure to sun? All kidding aside I do understand I'd be better off without as much sun exposure and hey your buff's aren't the hideous pattern's that some wear, but isn't a little sun exposure a good thing (vitamin D)?
    Last edited by seal; 07-17-2013 at 08:10 AM.

when Americans wear these "fishing burqas" the terrorists win

fish naked

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I have never gotten burned under my clothes? But I do have darker skin. Do you guys really get sunburned under clothing (non spf of course)?
    I do. I didn't notice UNTIL i started wearing UPF clothing. It's a world of difference when you come back home from fishing and you've worn your "I-Spent-Too-Much-Money-At-TackleWarehouse-And-All-I-Got-Was-This-Free-Shirt" and a legitimate article of UPF clothing, mostly that burning sensation you have on Monday mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    fish naked
    Do you have counsel on retainer? Because if you don't, Skyler and I specialize in cases that combine fishing, and the violation of local city ordinances.

We can look at your future 'indecent exposure' case for free, but we will want 1/3 of the money you'll receive when we file your civil case, saying the city of Los Angeles was in direct violation of your first amendment rights to fish naked. Or 2nd amendment, i dunno which one it is, but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    We can look at your future 'indecent exposure' case for free, but we will want 1/3 of the money you'll receive when we file your civil case, saying the city of Los Angeles was in direct violation of your first amendment rights to fish naked. Or 2nd amendment, i dunno which one it is, but it's there.
    Well, I didn't mean completely naked... I do, of course, wear a 3rd Grip.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Well, I didn't mean completely naked... I do, of course, wear a 3rd Grip.
    I bet you have to bunch it up a lot. A whole lot!

Unless you gave it a bris, that is....

OH MY GOD I'M AN ANTI-SEMITE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast